This Classic Easy 3 Bean Salad is a cinch to put together in about 10 minutes. There is no cooking required! Pack it for potlucks, bring it to family gatherings, or offer it on the buffet at your next cookout. This versatile classic salad is always a huge crowd-pleaser!
This Easy 3 Bean Salad has been around for years. Most of us remember our grandparents or parents making it over the years. There are different variations, and I love all of them. This recipe is good served cold, warm, or hot. You can also use fresh or frozen organic green or wax beans in the recipe.
I took the easy way out for this recipe and used organic canned beans. It just makes it super simple. Be sure to drain and rinse the canned beans thoroughly, or it makes the dressing cloudy. If you are using fresh beans, you will want to add a few minutes until the beans are soft but still have a firm bite. Make the kidney beans and garbanzo beans separately for the best results.
My Grandmother’s Variation:
Garbonzo beans, green beans, dark red kidney beans, purple onion, celery, red wine vinegar, olive oil, sugar, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
My Mother’s Version
Green beans, wax beans, Dark red kidney beans, apple cider vinegar, chopped parsley, vegetable oil, sugar, Kosher salt, black pepper.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR THE EASY 3 BEAN SALAD
Sharp kitchen knife – To chop the onion and slice the celery.
Cutting board – To chop and slice the veggies.
Can opener – To open canned beans.
Colander – To drain the canned beans.
Large Bowl– To place all ingredients. Use a non-reactive bowl.
Small bowl -To mix dressing for the salad.
Whisk – To whisk salad dressing.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR THE EASY 3 BEAN SALAD
1 -1 5- ounce can dark kidney beans, organic
1 – 14.5 – once can cut green beans, organic
1 – 14.5- ounce can Garbonzo beans, organic
One small Vidalia onion, chopped
One rib of celery, thinly sliced
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup red wine vinegar
Three tablespoons sugar ( optional)
Kosher salt, to own taste
Black pepper, to own taste
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EASY 3 BEAN SALAD
Drain and rinse all the canned beans and place them in a large glass bowl.
Add the chopped Vidalia onion and sliced celery.
Combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over the beans and place the salad in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Other suggested recipes:
- Southern Macaroni Salad is the perfect cold side to serve on the holiday, potlucks, church functions, and picnics.
- Purple Potato Salad Recipe is easy to make and deliciously gorgeous to look at on the dinner table.
- Tuna and Macaroni Salad is a simple, fresh-tasting, and budget-friendly recipe we have made over the years in my household.
Easy 3 Bean Salad
- 1 Sharp kitchen knife To chop the onion and slice the celery.
- 1 Cutting Board To chop and slice the veggies.
- 1 can opener To open canned beans.
- 1 Colander To drain the canned beans.
- 1 Large Bowl To place all ingredients. Use a non-reactive bowl.
- 1 Small bowl To mix dressing for the salad.
- 1 Whisk To whisk salad dressing.
- 1-15- ounce can dark kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1-14.5- ounce can cut green beans drained and rinsed
- 1-14.5 ounce can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1 small Vidalia onion chopped
- 1 rib celery sliced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil + more if needed
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar optional
- Kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse all the canned beans and place them in a large glass bowl.
- Add the chopped Vidalia onion and sliced celery.
- Combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over the beans and place the salad in the refrigerator until ready to serve.