Meatball Arugula Soup is going to be one of your new favorite soups. Made from flavorful broth, chicken meatballs, arugula, pearl couscous, celery, onions, and fresh herbs. If you love Wedding Soup, you will love this Meatball Arugula Soup.
My family loves this delicious soup’s added flavors: Tumeric Couscous, Homemade Chicken Meatballs, and the peppery Arugula. While very similar to wedding soup, it’s also very different than the Wedding Soup I make.
Have you ever tried Pearl Turmeric CousCous? It’s terrific tasting and not overpowering tasting. I always look to ensure it has the NON-GMO logo before purchasing. Labels are my thing. I always try to keep our menu healthy if I can.
The spice Turmeric has many proven health benefits, such as the potential to improve heart health prevent Alzheimer’s and cancer. Tumeric is also used as an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. Tumeric can also help improve the symptoms of depression and arthritis.
INGREDIENTS FOR MEATBALL ARUGULA SOUP
* See the recipe card for exact measurements and Nutritional Info *
Meatballs for the Meatball Argula Soup
Ground Chicken – Search the label to ensure you are purchasing all-natural, no antibiotics, hormone-free, vegetarian feed.
Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese – Buy a reputable brand in a wedge as it is used two different ways in the recipe.
Crushed Ritz Crackers – These make the meatballs light and airy. They can be substituted with Townhouse crackers or fine seasoned bread crumbs
Fresh Italian Parsley – Buy organic if possible. Do not sub with dried.
Egg Whites – I use organic brown eggs that are free-range.
Garlic Cloves – Look for fresh garlic from the USA or Italian garlic.
Meatball Argula Soup Ingredients
Organic Cold-Pressed Olive oil -This is to saute the veggies.
Carrots– Look for organic or locally grown brands if possible.
Celery- Look for organic or locally grown brands if possible.
Yellow Onions– Look for organic or locally grown onions if possible.
Garlic Cloves– Do not substitute with minced out of a jar.
Organic Chicken Broth– I usually use a low sodium broth.
Pearl Turmeric Couscous– Look for a NON-GMO brand for the best quality.
Organic Arugula– Look for organic brands that are small tender leaves.
Seasoning for the Meatball Arugula Soup
Dried Basil– Look for a NON-GMO organic brand if possible
Salt– Use Kosher salt
Black Pepper– Use black peppercorns and freshly grind
TIPS FOR THE MEATBALL ARUGULA SOUP
Brown the chicken meatballs. Why simmer them in the chicken broth when you can brown them first and add flavor?
Make the chicken meatballs small. You want them the size of marbles.
Use organic fresh herbs and veggies. They add a significant layer of flavor.
Use Ritz crackers or fine seasoned bread crumbs. It makes the meatballs light and airy.
Please don’t be shy with the garlic, as it adds a fabulous layer of flavor.
Bring on the Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese! The Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese will complement the soup.
WHAT TO SERVE THE MEATBALL ARGULULA SOUP WITH
Meatball Arugula Soup
- 1 Air-Fryer to cook meatballs
- 1 Glass bowl to mix meatballs
- 1 Platter to place meatballs
- 1 Sharp kitchen knife to dice and mince veggies
- 1 Cutting Board to chop and dice veggies on
- 1 Dutch Oven or soup pot to cook soup
- 1 Wooden Spoon to stir soup
Ingredients for Meatballs
- 1 pound Ground Chicken
- ¼ cup Pecorino Romano Cheese grated
- ¼ cup Flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- ½ cup Ritz crackers crushed
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper my sub with black
- 1-2 large egg whites start with one
Ingredients for Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil organic
- 1½ cups carrots diced
- ¾ cup celery thinly sliced
- ¾ cup yellow onions diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 64 ounces low sodium chicken broth or stock
- 1 cup Pearl Turmeric Couscous
- 5 ounces Arugula
- ½ tablespoon dried basil
- Kosher salt to taste to taste
- white pepper to taste
- ¾ cup Pecorino Romano Cheese shaved, to garnish
- In a medium glass bowl, combine ground chicken, chopped Italian parsley, grated Pecorino Romano cheese, crushed Ritz crackers, minced garlic, kosher salt, white pepper, and lightly beaten egg white. Form into tiny to small-sized meatballs ( the mixture will be sticky, so rinse hands if they start sticking to you or you have difficulty forming them.
- Place meatballs in an air fryer for about 12 minutes on a heat setting of 370 degrees or until lightly browned. Carefully remove and place on platter.
Meatball and Arugula Soup
- In a large Dutch Oven or soup pot, add the olive oil and let it come to heat. Add the carrots, celery, and onion. Saute for about 4 minutes before adding minced garlic. Saute another 2 minutes. Then add Chicken broth or stock to the Dutch oven. Bring to a rolling simmer before adding the chicken meatballs. -Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add the seasoning of dried basil, kosher salt, and white pepper at this time.
- Add the Pearl Tumeric couscous and cook for about 7-8 minutes on a high simmer. Then add the arugula towards the end. Turn off the burner and stir until the arugula has wilted. Taste for seasoning and add more if needed.
- Garnish with plenty of Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Italian Chicken Pastina Soup is a deliciously heart-warming soup made from wonderful childhood memories in Nonna’s kitchen.
- Italian Pasta and Bean soup is a comforting, super thick, and hearty soup made from organic cannellini beans, crushed organic tomatoes, celery, onion, garlic, and pasta.
- Beef Barley Vegetable Soup is a flavorful combination of tender beef, organic vegetables, and barley, all simmered until perfectly cooked.