Sweet Spicy Chex Mix is a Gluten-free Chex cereal, a variety of ingredients such as mini pretzels, cheese crackers, mixed nuts, cranberries, and plenty of spice to kick up the flavors for your party.
Sweet-Spicy Chex Mix is deliciously flavor-packed and easy to make. Simply mix the sauce together, and pour over some Chex and crunchy snacks, and bake in the oven until crispy and lightly browned and scrumptious.
This has to be the most Iconic Holiday snack I can think of. When we were kids my stepmom would really go nuts with different cereal snacks and we loved them! Chex Mix has so many awesome variations you can make from scratch. It’s also great to get the little ones involved in the Holiday Feastivities.
Times have changed since I was a small girl, we now have that lovely appliance called a microwave that can make prep and cook time much more convenient. However, don’t tell anyone but I am still that girl that uses the oven to make my Chex Party Mix
The other great thing about Sweet Spicy Chex Mix I love is that it really doesn’t take very much money, time, or equipment to prepare for a ton of guests. Most of the ingredients are fairly budget-friendly and can be interchanged to make a fancy party mix or just a Classic Version of it.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR SWEET SPICY CHEX MIX
Large glass bowl– To mix all ingredients
Small Bowl– To melt butter and combine seasoning
Measuring cups– To measure ingredients
Measuring spoons -To measure spices
Wooden spoon– To stir ingredients
Baking sheets– To make the Sweet Spicy Chex Mix
Oven or microwave– To cook the Sweet Spicy Chex Mix
Serving dishes– To serve Party Mix
Storage containers– To store leftovers of Sweet Spicy Chex Mix
INGREDIENTS FOR SWEET SPICY CHEX MIX
Four cups of Corn Chex™ cereal
Four cups of Rice Chex™ cereal
One cup of cheese crackers
One and 1/2 cups of mixed nuts
One and 1/2 cups of small pretzels
Six tablespoons of unsalted butter
One package of dry ranch dressing mix
One tablespoon of hot sauce
One tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
Two tablespoons sugar
One teaspoon of dried thyme
One and 1/2 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning
1/4 of a teaspoon of garlic powder
1/8 of a teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper, optional
One cup dried cranberries
Sweet Spicy Chex Mix
- Large glass bowl– To mix all ingredients.
- Small Bowl– To melt butter and combine seasoning.
- Measuring cups– To measure ingredients.
- Measuring spoons -To measure spices.
- Wooden spoon– To stir ingredients.
- Baking sheets– To make the Sweet Spicy Chex Mix.
- Oven or microwave– To cook the Sweet Spicy Chex Mix.
- Serving dishes– To serve Party Mix.
- Storage containers– To store leftovers of Sweet Spicy Chex Mix.
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup cheese crackers
- 1½ cups mixed nuts
- 1½ cups small pretzels
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar + more if needed
- 1½ tablespoons Cajun seasoning or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Cayenne pepper optional
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees
- Combine Chex cereal, crackers, pretzels, nuts, and cranberries in a large glass bowl.
- In a small glass bowl, add the butter and place in microwave cooking in 45-second increments until melted. Then add all spices and wet seasoning ingredients. Pour over the cereal mixture and toss until the mixture is completely combined.
- Spread on a large baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 45-55 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Serve or store in air-tight containers.
- Pigs in a Blanket aren’t just for the little ones in the household; they make amazing appetizers for adults, too! Learn how to make Pigs in a Blanket with only a few simple ingredients. They are super easy to prepare, and taste fantastic!
- Fresh Veggie Pizza is one of the best super-simple retro recipes to this day, with all of those fabulous textures on top of a soft fluffy crescent roll crust, slathered with cream cheese, herbs, and organic crisp fresh veggies.
- Classic Dill Dip is remarkably simple and a super delicious Dip on veggies, bread, or even chips. You’ll love how easy it is to make it in a matter of minutes.