You are going to want to make this incredible Fresh Strawberry Pie before the season is over! A light buttery crust gets loaded with fresh juicy strawberries topped with a strawberry glaze made from scratch and plenty of homemade whipped cream.
This Fresh Strawberry pie dessert recipe is made with the natural flavor of fresh organic juicy strawberries. It’s so simple and easy to make a homemade Fresh Strawberry pie with tons of sweet strawberries drenched in a thick, delicious glaze from scratch.
The Fresh strawberry pie was made famous by several Dinners such as Bob’s Big Boy, Denny’s, Perkins, Shoney’s, and Frisch’s. These Dinners became well-known for this fantastic Strawberry Pie that only comes around seasonally.
Be sure to use only the freshest, juiciest ripe strawberries. The seasonal strawberries make a world of difference in this fabulous dessert. You cannot get even remotely the same results with frozen Strawberries berries.
SUGGESTED EQUIPMENT FOR FRESH STRAWBERRY PIE
Colander to rinse and clean berries
Cutting board to slices berries
Sharp knife to cut strawberries
Food processer or potato masher to puree strawberries
Large bowl to hold strawberries and glaze
Small bowl mixing bowl to make whipped cream
9-inch deep-dish pie pan
Handheld mixer to make whipped cream
Measuring cups to measure water, strawberries, and heavy cream
Measuring spoons to measure cornstarch and vanilla extract
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR FRESH STRAWBERRY PIE
One deep dish pie crust
Ten cups fresh organic strawberries washed and sliced
3/4 cup sugar
Two-Three tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup water
One cup heavy whipping cream
Two tablespoons powdered sugar
One teaspoon vanilla
TIPS AND TRICKS
What’s the best way to slice strawberries? When slicing strawberries, remove the leaves with a ¼ teaspoon measuring spoon. Place the berry hull side down on a cutting board and cut into slices.
How do you thicken strawberry pie filling? The small amount of cornstarch in this Fresh Strawberry Pie recipe acts as a thickening agent for the glaze. The cornstarch easily dissolves and doesn’t have a starchy flavor. This creates the perfect consistency, allowing the pie to hold its shape when slicing.
How do you wash fresh-picked strawberries? Fresh strawberries should remain stored in the crisper drawer of your refrigerator. Please do not wash them until you are ready to use them. Then gently toss in a colander under cool, running water. Let the water drain and place it on a paper towel-lined sheet pan. Let air dry or pat gently dry with a paper towel.
Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Colander to rinse and clean berries
- Cutting board to slices berries
- Sharp knife to cut strawberries
- Food processer or potato masher to puree strawberries
- Large bowl to hold strawberries and glaze
- Small bowl mixing bowl to make whipped cream
- 9-inch deep-dish pie pan
- Handheld mixer to make whipped cream
- Measuring cups to measure water, strawberries, and heavy cream
- Measuring spoons to measure cornstarch and vanilla extract
- 1-9- inch deep dish pie crust homemade or store brand
- 10 cups strawberries fresh organic sliced/halved
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons corn starch start with two add other if not thick enough
- ¾ cup water
- 2 drops red food coloring *Optional*
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla use pure extract
- Puree 1 and ½ cups of fresh strawberries in a food processor or mash by hand.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch, then add the strawberry puree and water. Bring the mixture to a light simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly. Lower the heat slightly and cook for 2-3 more minutes until the strawberry mixture thickens and is translucent in color. Reserve the glaze and let cool until room temperature. (If you want a red glaze add 2 drops of red food coloring to the mixture)
- Place the pie crust into a deep-dish pie pan, trimming any excess off the edges. Use aluminum foil to cover the edges to prevent burning. Bake at 375 F until the pie crust is golden brown. Remove the pie shell from the oven and cool completely about 1 hour before filling.
- Meanwhile, cut the strawberries in halves or even thirds and place them in a large bowl. Add the homemade strawberry glaze and gently combine it with a rubber spatula until all the strawberries are evenly coated. Next, fill the cooled pie crust with the strawberry pie filling. If you would like a better presentation, you can arrange the strawberries in the pie shell first, then spoon the glaze over the top.
- Chill the Fresh Strawberry Pie for 4 hours or until set.
- Make the homemade whipped cream by beating the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla with a mixer until smooth, thick, and nearly doubled in volume, forming peaks.
- Serve the Fresh Strawberry Pie with the fresh whipped cream.
- Watergate salad, often called Pistachio Pineapple Delight or Green Fluff dessert salad, is made from about seven ingredients: instant pistachio pudding, juicy pineapple, whipped topping, chopped pecans, colored mini marshmallows, topped with coconut flakes, and Maraschino cherries.
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad is a creamy, fruity, and crunchy Southern classic. So what is Strawberry Pretzel Salad, you might ask? Well, it’s not a salad at all, it’s what we call an Iconic Southern Dessert that reminds folks of a Jello-like Cheesecake, with a sweet, yet salty crust, made with hard pretzels, sugar, unsalted butter, topped with juicy ripe sliced strawberries, strawberry Jello, and a big dollop of homemade whipped cream to serve.
- Strawberry Fluff is filled to the brim with delicious juicy pineapple, fresh Florida grown strawberries, mini marshmallows, and a hint of flaky coconut for good measure.