Treat your guests to a delicious, flavorful lunch of Goat Cheese Tomatoes and Prosciutto on Ciabatta Bread in a snap! How can you go wrong with exquisite flavors like Goat Cheese, Heirloom vine-ripened tomatoes, Prosciutto, peppery Arugula, fresh basil, garlic, and warm balsamic? It’s a little slice of heaven if you ask me.
I don’t mean to brag or toot my horn, but it’s still over 90 degrees in the shade here in Florida, and I am still trying to enjoy spring, Y’all. So it’s not in the cards for lunch to be heavy today. I have a simple, yet fantastic recipe to share with you using Goat Cheese and other fresh ingredients. It’s even husband approved!
Have you ever had Goat’s Cheese? Oh, my gosh, it’s a beautifully smooth, flavorful cheese, it has such a have a unique, slightly tart, earthy flavor that sets them apart from other cheeses. I love to add it to salads, flatbread, sandwiches, pizzas, sauces, pasta dishes, soups, fruits, and even burgers. Yes, I said even burgers Y’all. Deliciously awesome!
I used a natural or plain Goat Cheese in my recipe for Goat Cheese Tomatoes and Prosciutto on Ciabatta. Still, there are a ton of flavors you can incorporate in your recipes such as Garlic and Herb, Blueberry Vanilla, Jalapeno, Cranberry Cinnamon, Honey, Four Pepper, Lemon Zest, Peppadew, Sundried Tomato Basil, Truffle, and even Pumpkin this fall. Trust me. You can have a blast trying all the fabulous flavors that Goat Cheese has to offer.
Ingredients needed for the recipe
Organic Natural Goat Cheese (plain)
Heirloom tomatoes or your choice of tomatoes
Organic Extra-Virgin Olive oil
Freshly ground black peppercorns
Goat Cheese Tomatoes and Prosciutto on Ciabatta
- 1 loaf Freshly Baked Ciabatta Bread
- ¼ cup Organic Extra-Virgin Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Organic Fresh Basil chopped
- 6 cloves Garlic minced
- 8 slices Deli Prosciutto thinly sliced
- 1 pint Organic Heirloom Grape tomatoes or Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 small Red Salad onion sliced very thinly
- 1 cup Arugula Lettuce + more if desired
- 8 ounces Organic Plain Natural Goat Cheese
- Quality Balsamic vinegar to drizzle over bread
- Freshly ground black pepper to own taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees F
- Split one loaf of the freshly baked Ciabatta bread down the center lengthwise, cut each side into 4 sections.
- In a small bowl combine the Organic extra-virgin olive oil, organic chopped fresh basil, and minced garlic. Using a pastry brush, brush the organic extra-virgin olive oil combination on each of the sections of Ciabatta bread. Bake in a 400 degrees preheated oven until lightly golden brown. Remove the bread from the oven when done.
- Top each slice of Ciabatta bread with thin slices of Deli Prosciutto, Vine-ripened Organic Cherry and Grape tomatoes, thinly sliced Red onion, Arugula, Natural Organic plain Goat Cheese, and drizzle with quality Balsamic vinegar. Add freshly ground black pepper to top.
- Serve while still warm
Don’t forget to save the recipe by using the Pin and Print Options!