Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are the ultimate flavorful seafood appetizer. Delicious juicy jumbo white mushrooms stuffed to the hilt with seasoned tender lump crab meat, cheese, breadcrumbs, and herbs, all baked in the oven to glorious perfection.
There’s nothing better than a giant white mushroom overstuffed with decadent lump crab in my book. I swear I could almost make a meal of these deliciously stuffed morsels. They just taste like little appetizers from heaven to me, especially when topped with a touch of butter and lemon juice. Umm Good!
You can also use Baby Bella or Portobello Mushrooms in the place of the white mushrooms to change things up a little. I had a ton of large white mushrooms because they were on sale at my market. I just can not pass up a good deal to save my soul, Y’all. I genuinely mean that statement as well.
My husband will tell you if something is on sale that I use, I will buy five or more at one shot because, in the long run, it saves me a ton of money on groceries. Who doesn’t love to save money on groceries? Especially the items you frequently use? Exactly! We all like saving our money.
Let’s talk ingredients: This recipe, unfortunately, isn’t one to use substitute ingredients friends, believe me when I say, “The recipe will not come out as it should.” Be sure to use real lump crab meat, Mayonnaise, fresh parsley, dill, real unsalted butter, Panko breadcrumbs. Fresh lemon zest, and lemon juice. You will thank me later for making this abundantly clear for you. Some recipes you can play around with this is not one of them.
I know sometimes we want to own a recipe and make it our own, but this is a tried and true recipe that I have made several times. Trust me, I have tried all the substitutions, and each time the method only hit Meh level. I want Y’all to enjoy the recipe, not just think, “Meh, I’ve had better.”
Ingredients List for Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Twenty sizeable white mushroom caps and stems removed
One-16-ounce container lump crab meat
Two Green onions, finely chopped
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely Italian chopped parsley
Four Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup Real Mayonnaise
Zest of 1 Lemon
One teaspoon fresh lemon juice
One Tablespoon Cajun + more to season tops
One tablespoon chopped dill
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 20 Large White Mushrooms stems and caps removed
- 16 Ounces Lump Crab Meat, pieces removed, drained if in can
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 1/3 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Italian Parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Real Mayonnaise
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1-2 Teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun Seasoning,
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Dill
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted to top
- Cooking spray
- 2 Lemons Sliced to garnish
- Additional chopped Parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 Degree F.
- Using a damp paper towel gently clean mushrooms and remove the stems from them.
- In a medium bowl combine Lump crab meat, green onions, Parmesan cheese, Panko breadcrumbs, Italian Parsley, Mayonnaise, zest of 1 lemon, lemon juice, Cajun seasoning, and chopped dill.
- Using a teaspoon fill each mushroom cap with the crab filling place on a pretreated baking sheet and bake on 375 Degree F for about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the stuffed mushrooms and drizzle 4 tablespoons or more of melted real butter, garnish with chopped parsley, and sliced lemons.
Want to save this recipe? Use the Pin and Print Options to Save for Later.