Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are the ultimate flavorful seafood appetizer. Delicious juicy jumbo white mushrooms stuffed to the hilt with seasoned tender lump crab meat, cheese, breadcrumbs, and herbs, all baked in the oven to glorious perfection.
There’s nothing better than a giant white mushroom overstuffed with decadent lump crab in my book. I swear I could almost make a meal of these deliciously stuffed morsels. They just taste like little appetizers from heaven to me, especially when topped with a touch of butter and lemon juice. Umm Good!
You can also use Baby Bella or Portobello Mushrooms in the place of the white mushrooms to change things up a little. I had a ton of jumbo white mushrooms because they were on sale at my market. I just can not pass up a good sale to save my soul Y’all. I truly mean that statement as well.
My husband will tell you if something is on sale that I use I will buy 5 or more at one shot because, in the long run, it saves me a ton of money on groceries. Who doesn’t love to save money on groceries? Especially the items you frequently use? Exactly! We all like saving our money.
Let’s talk ingredients: This recipe, unfortunately, isn’t one to use substitute ingredients friends, believe me when I say, “The recipe will not come out as it should.” Be sure to use real lump crab meat, Mayonnaise, fresh parsley, dill, real unsalted butter, Panko breadcrumbs. fresh lemon zest, and lemon juice. You will thank me later for making this abundantly clear for you. Some recipes you can play around with this is not one of them.
I know sometimes we really want to own a recipe and make it our own, but this is a tried and true recipe that I have made several times. Trust me I have tried all the substitutions and each time the recipe only hit Meh level. I really want Y’all to enjoy the recipe not just think, “Meh, I’ve had better.”
Ingredients List for Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 20 large white mushroom caps and stems removed
- 1-16-ounce container lump crab meat
- 2 Green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely Italian chopped parsley
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Real Mayonnaise
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun + more to season tops
- 1 Tablespoon chopped Dill
- Cooking spray
- Lemon wedges
- 20 Large White Mushrooms stems and caps removed
- 16 Ounces Lump Crab Meat, pieces removed, drained if in can
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 1/3 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Italian Parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Real Mayonnaise
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1-2 Teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun Seasoning,
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Dill
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted to top
- Cooking spray
- 2 Lemons Sliced to garnish
- Additional chopped Parsley, to garnish
Preheat oven to 375 Degree F.
Using a damp paper towel gently clean mushrooms and remove the stems from them.
In a medium bowl combine Lump crab meat, green onions, Parmesan cheese, Panko breadcrumbs, Italian Parsley, Mayonnaise, zest of 1 lemon, lemon juice, Cajun seasoning, and chopped dill.
Using a teaspoon fill each mushroom cap with the crab filling place on a pretreated baking sheet and bake on 375 Degree F for about 18 to 20 minutes.
Remove the stuffed mushrooms and drizzle 4 tablespoons or more of melted real butter, garnish with chopped parsley, and sliced lemons.
Want to Save this recipe? Use the Pin and Print Options to Save for Later.