Adults and children alike will gravitate to this super simple to make Iconic Southern Recipe called “Strawberry Fluff,” filled to the brim with delicious juicy pineapple, fresh Florida grown strawberries, mini marshmallows, and a hint of flaky coconut for good measure.
This amazing Strawberry Fluff Salad is a childhood favorite of mine; In the South, Fluff Salad does not have a season such as Summer, Y’all, we make this yummy dessert starting near the winter Holidays, and continue making it throughout the year for different occasions. The flavor or fruit added may change during the year, but the idea is the same.
Right now, Florida is right smack in the middle of Strawberry Fest. The Florida Strawberry Festival is an 11-day fun-filled event celebrating the strawberry harvest of Eastern Hillsborough County. Each year, nearly over 500,000 + people come to enjoy the festival’s Music entertainers, Livestock shows, Rides, Craft exhibits, and of course, all of the beautiful juicy red strawberries harvested in the area.
Going to Strawberry Fest has long been a tradition since the 1930s for Florida residents and tourists alike, so we are keeping the harvesting tradition going by using some amazingly fresh and juicy strawberries from Plant City to make this beautiful Iconic Strawberry Fluff Salad.
Look at this beautiful red, juicy strawberries. I know some of Y’all are still deadlocked in the cold, snowy winter blues, and I am sorry, I swear I am Y’all. It’s our Spring here in Central Florida, and we are enjoying every second of the last days with little to no humidity and 100-degree temps. Wouldn’t you?
I will tell you one thing; you don’t have to wait until the heat summer to make this recipe. You can make it right now even in the chilly cold by adding seasonal fruits or canned fruit, be creative with your Fluff salad, and enjoy this delicious creamy concoction. Heck, you can even omit the fresh fruit if desired. It’s still going to be awesome!
The good news is I have made Fluff Salad just using the whipped topping, Jello pudding, Jello, marshmallows, crushed pineapple, and coconut flakes. Easy peasy. You can even change it up a bit by using Orange Jello and drained canned Mandarine or fresh oranges- which is delicious too.
See where I am going with this recipe? Nothing is etched in stone when it comes to most methods. You have to be a little creative. For example, around Thanksgiving, I use canned cranberries. Christmas time since oranges are in season, I use fresh peaches. Springtime strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries.
Want a lower-calorie version of this beautiful fluff salad? Use fresh berries, Sugar-free Jello and Jello Pudding, unsweetened crushed pineapple, and low-fat whipped topping if desired. The taste will be slightly different but still enjoyable.
1- 8-ounce container of Whipped Topping, full fat or low fat
1-5.1-ounce box French Vanilla Pudding, regular or sugar-free
1-6- ounce box of Strawberry Jello, regular or sugar-free
1 cup mini Marshmallows
1/4 cup shredded coconut flakes
1-20-ounce can of Crushed Pineapple, unsweetened
Wash and inspect all berries for blemishes and bruises before adding to the recipe.
Do not use homemade whipped topping in place of the container of whipped topping as it will not set properly.
Other seasonal fruit or drained canned fruit may be added in place of the fresh strawberries.
Lower Calorie Fluff Salad
Sugar-free Jello Pudding mix, Sugar-free Jello Gelatin, unsweetened pineapple, and low fat whipped topping may be used in place of the regular versions to decrease the calories if desired.
Strawberry Fluff Salad
- 1-8- ounce Container of Whipped Topping
- 1-5.1- ounce Box French Vanilla Jello Pudding or your brand
- 1-6- ounce Box Strawberry Jello or your brand
- 1 cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1/4 cup Shredded Coconut Flakes optional
- 1-20- ounce Can of Unsweetened Crushed Pineapple do not drain
- In a large glass bowl combine ice-cold whipped topping, French Vanilla pudding, Strawberry Jello, mini marshmallows, shredded coconut flakes, and 1 can of crushed pineapple. Stir, stir, stir, until light and fluffy.
- Cover the Strawberry Fluff salad and place in the refrigerator for at least 60 minutes or more.
- Before serving stir several times to re-fluff. Add freshly sliced strawberries to the top before serving.
- Do not use homemade whipped topping in place of the container of whipped topping as it will not set properly.
- Other seasonal fruit or drained canned fruit may be added in place of the fresh strawberries.
Lower Calorie Fluff Salad
- Sugar-free Jello Pudding mix, Sugar-free Jello Gelatin, unsweetened pineapple, and low fat whipped topping may be used in place of the regular versions to decrease the calories if desired.
Use the Pin and Print buttons to save this yummy recipe for later!