Southern Corn Dip will become one of your snaking downfalls, cream cheese, organic sweet corn, sweet red bell peppers, spicy pickled jalapeno peppers, unsalted butter, Ro-Tel tomatoes, and Cajun Spices come together for an Epic Appetizer that can be served on crunchy tortilla chips.
I’m not going to lie this Southern Corn Dip has taken me, hostage. It’s that addictive! How can you go wrong with an appetizer that contains those yummy ingredients and can be served as a Southern-Style side dish or appetizer? I prefer mine served over crispy tortilla chips or corn chips, but you eat yours; however, you enjoy eating it.
My sister in law Angie makes a delicious version of her Corn Dip that uses canned Shoepeg Corn for a different texture, I use organic frozen yellow sweet corn, but either type of corn are outstanding in the recipe. So don’t be afraid to use your favorite brand or type of corn in the recipe.
When I make this, I love to top my portion with freshly diced avocados, oh my gosh so good! My husband hates avocados, so I keep it to just my portion. Can you believe a born and raised Florida native hates avocados? Yep, along with watermelon, cucumbers, and several other things.
One of the things I love about this dip is it’s even good if it isn’t hot, still has a great taste and texture. It holds up well in the refrigerator and can be reheated right in the oven or microwave without losing its integrity. Which means you can make double batches and not have to worry.
You can add a few different toppings to spruce it up if you like as well, such as crisp bacon, cheddar cheese, diced avocados, fresh slices of jalapenos (watch out for the seeds and membranes though Y’all, you don’t want to set your mouth on fire)
I have to apologize for the photos, and the weather has not been kind for natural lighting, so they are a bit off. I will probably be re-doing the images soon. Thanks for understanding my imperfections at times. I appreciate Y’all.
Tips for the Recipe
- Organic frozen corn is what I use when making the recipe, but in a bind, you can sub organic drained canned corn if need be.
- Let the Organic frozen corn thaw naturally in a bowl on the counter for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let the cream cheese soften naturally by placing it on the counter for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Be sure to drain the pickled jalapeno peppers thoroughly before adding them to the recipe.
- Either Mild or Hot Ro-Tel tomatoes can be used in the recipe, depending on your preference of heat level.
- I use Slap your Mama Cajun Seasoning with low sodium, but you can feel free to use the brand of your choice.
- Don’t skip the hot sauce it adds an exceptional level of flavor to the recipe.
- By quality Tortilla chips and you’ll thank me later!
- Cream Cheese
- Organic Yellow Sweet Corn
- Sweet Red Bell Peppers
- Pickled Jalapeno Peppers
- Unsalted Butter
- Ro-Tel Tomatoes
- Cajun Seasoning
- Hot sauce
- Green Onions
- Tortilla Chips
- Diced avocados
- Crispy Bacon
- Sliced Jalapenos peppers
- Cheddar Cheese or Colby Jack Cheese
- 4 cups Organic frozen Corn or drained canned corn
- 1-10- ounce can Ro-Tel Tomatoes drained
- 1/4 cup Pickled Jalapeno peppers diced
- 1/2 large Sweet Red Bell Pepper diced
- 2 tablespoon Unsalted butter softened
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning + more if desired
- 1 dash Hot Sauce + more if desired
- 1/4 cup Green Onions thinly sliced
- 1 bag Tortilla Chips
Set out the unsalted butter, cream cheese to soften and the organic frozen corn to thaw.
Heat oven to 350 Degrees F
Meanwhile, dice the pickled jalapeno peppers and red sweet bell pepper. Reserve in a glass bowl until needed.
In the same glass bowl combine softened butter, cream cheese, drained Ro-Tel tomatoes, organic corn with the diced Jalapeno peppers, red sweet bell peppers, sliced green onions, Cajun Seasoning, and optional hot sauce.
Place the Corn Dip mixture in a Cast Iron Skillet or glass baking dish, bake at 350 Degrees F for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and place on a heat resistant surface. Cool slightly before topping with sliced green onions and serving with Tortilla chips
Be sure to use the Print and Pin Options to Save for later!