Don’t get me wrong, bacon, fried eggs, buttermilk pancakes, and grits may be great Y’all, but this deliciously flavorful Southern Sausage and Biscuits Casserole will take your Brunch Game to a whole new level of Southern Goodness. Brunch casserole is a cinch since we are using frozen potatoes instead of doing all that washing, peeling, and dicing vegetables during midmorning.
I know you are wondering, What is this one up to? Aren’t you? Let me tell you what I am up to friends, a Brunch casserole that will straight up be a slam dunk with the kids and hubby. I’m combining some of our Southern favorites like fried potatoes, sausage, gravy, and fluffy biscuits in a pretty little blue casserole dish, and it’s going to taste amazing.
This Southern Sausage and Biscuits Casserole is one of those menu items that sing to me, I know I sound a little dramatic using that phrase, but how could it not? I mean all those wonderful flavors, right down to the parsley butter brushed on top of the biscuits at the end? Which by the way, my husband told me I got a little carried away with this time. Giggles Oppps! What can I say?
The steps to making Southern Sausage and Biscuits Casserole are pretty simple and straightforward since you won’t have to worry about washing, peeling, and dicing all those potatoes before getting started on this tasty Brunch Casserole. I don’t know about Y’all, but I love the fact I don’t need to worry about all that drama when I’m cooking for a crowd.
Easy How-to Instructions for Southern Sausage and Biscuits Casserole
Remove the seeds and membranes from 2 jalapeno peppers and dice.
Brown the Sage Sausage for about 14 minutes, then drain the excess oil.
While browning the Sage Sausage, if desired brown the diced frozen Potatoes and diced jalapeno peppers, about 10-12 minutes.
Prepare the white gravy if desired or use ready-made white gravy from the market if short on time.
Separate a can of refrigerated biscuits into eight biscuits. Cut each cookie into fourths.
Crack four eggs in a small bowl and lightly beat them.
Assemble the Southern Sausage and Biscuits Casserole as shown above in a pretreated oven-safe casserole dish.
Bake for 25-30 minutes in a 350 Degree oven.
See those layers of flavorful perfectly cooked diced potatoes, eggs, delicious browned Sage Sausage, Southern White Gravy, and fluffy golden brown biscuits? All the Southern Iconic Classic menu items you can ask for in one lovely Brunch Casserole that will efficiently serve about 6-8 people depending on how hungry they are that mid-morning.
I don’t know about you, but we are going to sit down and start our Sunday off with this easy, hearty Southern Brunch Casserole that will feed the whole family and enjoy our meal. I sure am starving Y’all after smelling all these beautiful ingredients baking in the oven.
Ingredients needed to make Southern Sausage and Biscuits Casserole
Jalapeno Peppers, diced
Bulk Sage Sausage
One package Diced Steakhouse Seasoned Simply Potatoes or your brand
Southern White Gravy
Southern Sausage and Biscuits Casserole
- 2 Jalapeno peppers diced
- 1 pound Bulk sage sausage
- 1 package Diced Steakhouse Seasoned Simply Potatoes®
- 3 Eggs lightly beaten
- 12- ounces Canned white gravy or homemade I use homemade
- 1-16- ounce Can of biscuits
- Cooking spray
Homemade White Gravy Optional
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- Kosher salt to own taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground pepper
- 3 cups Whole milk
Parsley Butter Optional
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Fresh parsley chopped
Directions for Homemade Gravy
- Add unsalted butter to a skillet; melt over medium heat. Add the self-rising flour, kosher salt and course black pepper; cook about 2 minutes or until thickened and beginning to lightly brown. Stir in the milk; heat to simmering, stirring frequently. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove the seeds and membranes from 2 jalapeno peppers and dice.
- Brown the Sage Sausage for about 14 minutes, then drain the excess oil.
- While browning the Sage Sausage, if desired brown the diced Simply Potatoes® and diced jalapeno peppers, about 10-12 minutes.
- Prepare the white gravy if desired or use ready-made white gravy from the market if short on time.
- Separate a can of refrigerated biscuits into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into fourths.
- Crack 4 eggs in a small bowl and lightly beat them.
- Assemble the casserole by pre-treating the casserole dish with cooking spray, adding the lightly browned diced Steakhouse Seasoned Simply Potatoes®, lightly beaten eggs, browned sage sausage, white gravy, and top with the biscuits.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in a 350 Degree oven or until biscuits are done and golden brown.
- Lightly brush the tops of biscuits with butter if desired.
- Serve while hot.
Optional Parsley Butter
- Melt 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter with 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley in the microwave and brush on finished casserole if desired.
Don’t Forget to Pin and Print the recipe to save for later!