This easy-to-follow 4 Ingredient Blueberry Dump Cake recipe combines fresh organic Blueberries, yellow cake mix, plus rich and creamy unsalted real butter and vanilla come together to make the best easiest Blueberry Dump Cake you’ll ever taste.
Hey, Y’all, you have been sending me requests for some Dump and Go Recipes, and I have been listening. I usually try to stick to homemade; however, time for most seems to be an essence lately with the kids returning to school. This new recipe on the blog is a delicious one for time-saving desserts the kids will love.
I had to laugh when I was making this recipe for Blueberry Dump Cake. The first time, my husband asked what I was making, so I told him…His reply? That doesn’t sound very promising Heidy, what in the hell is a Dump Cake anyway? You should have seen the look on his face, too— Priceless isn’t even close. The good news is this has become one of his favorites go-to desserts lately. So score for me!
Have you ever had that scary moment after being asked, what are you making? It’s a bit nerve-racking sometimes when my husband asks what I am making and gets the crazy eyes wondering what I am about to torture him with next. (Literally laughing out loud) I mean, the name Dump Cake sounds so ominous for such a delicious dessert.
So what is the story with this easy-to-make 4 Ingredient Blueberry Dump Cake? It’s just that, Y’all, four easy ingredients you might already have. Fresh Organic Blueberries, Cake Mix, Unsalted butter, and Pure Vanilla extract. How much easier can you get? Just add your favorite ice cream and enjoy it.
I hit the motherload of sales at our Publix Market the other day, and they had a considerable deal 2 for six bucks for Publix brand ice cream, which is pretty damn tasty for a store brand. I bought four, and I only spent 12 dollars. I love a good deal. I mean, who doesn’t enjoy saving their hard-earned money?
This simple to make Tried and True dump dessert only takes 35 minutes from start to finish, which is fantastic for crazy schedules and tastes delicious, which is a bonus. Just grab your favorite yellow cake mix, 4 cups of fresh pre-washed and sorted organic blueberries (I use natural frozen in wintertime), real unsalted butter, and Pure Vanilla extract, a glass mixing bowl, and a 9×10 baking dish that’s been pre-treated with a non-stick spray of your choice.
- Fresh or Frozen Organic Blueberries
- Unsalted Butter
- One Box Yellow Cake Mix
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Cooking Spray
- Ice Cream to serve with
Blueberry Dump Cake
- 4 cups Organic fresh Blueberries or organic frozen
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 box Yellow Cake mix your brand
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Be sure to wash and sort the 4 cups of organic blueberries, if using organic frozen blueberries do not thaw. Add the blueberries to the 9x10 treated baking dish. If desired you can sprinkle with a little sugar. I do not add sugar to ours.
- In a glass mixing bowl combine melted unsalted butter, vanilla extract, the yellow cake mix, the mixture should look crumbly when combined. Once combined dump in the 9x10 baking dish over the blueberries and spread out evenly over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Depending on the oven it may take up to 40 minutes to brown.
Don’t forget to use the Pin and Print Options to Save the recipe!