This post is sponsored by Pepperidge Farm, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Summer is on the horizon Y’all, Hosting the Ultimate BBQ is a priority in The South, so get those charcoal grills out, fire the coals up, and get ready for the biggest, most flavorful, juiciest burger on a Pepperidge Farm® Hamburger Bun you’ve ever had to date. Can you say, ” Darn Delicious?”
Hosting a BBQ can sometimes be intimidating, but today we are going to take the pressure off your shoulders with a few tips on Hosting the Ultimate BBQ and making it so simple and easy to pull off without a hitch? Are you with me so far Y’all? Just get in the Easy Peasy mind frame this is going to be a cinch to pull off.
Tips on Hosting the Ultimate BBQ
- Be sure to only send or invite people 1 week ahead of time to get a decent head count for your BBQ. Inviting friends and family too far out usually leads to cancelations.
- When throwing a backyard BBQ you will want to keep it simple and cost-effective; purchase quality meat such as lean ground beef, or quality all beef hotdogs. You usually can’t go wrong there, almost everyone loves a good hamburger or hotdog cooked on a charcoal grill.
- Respect The Buns you use to serve your guests their hamburgers and hotdogs and they will thank you, we use Pepperidge Farm® Hamburger Buns and Pepperidge Farm® Top-Sliced Hot Dog Buns because there’s “no high fructose corn syrup” and “artificial flavors”
- Have plenty of condiments and add-ons on hand for your guest’s burger and hotdogs, ketchup, relish, mustard, pickles, onions, avocados, bacon, cheeses, hot peppers, lettuce, tomatoes and so forth. Let them have fun building a unique burger or hotdog.
- Don’t be afraid to have everyone bring their favorite side dish, it’s a win-win situation for the crowd. Everyone loves to show off their Almost Famous family recipes at a BBQ. That leaves you more time to focus on your guests and man the BBQ grill.
- Serve family-friendly refreshments that everyone can enjoy, such a Homemade Lemon-aid, Sweet Tea, Punch and so forth.
- Invest in some really cute themed paper plates, plastic utensils, paper napkins, and plastic cups to add perkiness to the tablescape.
- Pick fresh flowers or colorful wildflowers and place them in glass Mason Jars to really make the table pop.
- Use fresh in-season fruits to serve as dessert, it’s simple and delicious on a hot summer day.
- Station a few large garbage cans for guests to place their used plates, glasses, and plastic utensils to cut down on clean up time.
- Play age-appropriate music that everyone including the kids can enjoy.
- Most of all enjoy your guests and mingle with the crowd!
Pepperidge Farm® Hamburger Buns are my go-to buns when hosting a Summer BBQ and this year, I am super excited to tell you about their contest this summer, they are in search of the best looking burger or hot dog in the country. Show them what you got Y’all for a chance to win! WEEKLY WINNERS GET $1,000! THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER GETS $10,000! From May 14th until September 4th, 2018 take a picture of your burger or hot dog served on a Pepperidge Farm® bun, then post it to Instagram or Twitter and tag it-> #RespectTheBunPromotion
I decided to add a special touch to our table today, by adding red, white, and blue, with casserole dishes, towels, flowers with lots of greenery and putting the Pepperidge Farm® Hamburger Buns and Pepperidge Farm® Top-Sliced Hot Dog Buns in these cute little baskets. I love how it seems to give the table a little character and grace yet stays true to being simple and easy tablescape. Remember less is more.
Ultimate Double BBQ Burger
- 2 pounds Lean ground beef
- Seasoned Salt to own taste
- Garlic powder to own taste
- Freshly ground black peppercorns to own taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 12 slices Thick Sliced Hardwood Smoked Bacon cooked until crisp
- 8 slices White American Cheese
- 2 or 3 Ripe tomatoes sliced
- 1 medium Red onion thinly sliced
- 1 head Romaine lettuce leaves washed
- Kosher baby dill pickles
- Mustard optional
- Ketchup optional
- Mayo optional
- Pepperidge Farm® Hamburger Buns
- Mix ground lean beef, seasoned salt, garlic powder, freshly ground black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce in large bowl. Shape into 8 patties.
- Broil or grill over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes per side or until burgers are cooked through or an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Toast Pepperidge Farm® Hamburger Buns on the grill, open-side down, about 30 seconds.
- Serve burgers on toasted rolls with desired toppings and condiments.