Hashbrowns and Cheese Steak Casserole made with Simply Potatoes® Hashbrowns couldn’t get any easier on a busy work night. You are totally going to fall in love with this flavorful easy to make meat and potatoes casserole that almost requires no prep time in the kitchen.
I enjoy a meal that comes together in little or no time after a long workday. This delicious Hashbrowns and Cheese Steak Casserole is one of those husband approved convenient meals that will easily feed six or more and be done in no time flat. I have made this Hashbrowns and Cheese Steak Casserole for years, but this time I had the opportunity to use Simply Potatoes® Hashbrowns, and let me tell you there’s no turning back now.
Seriously Y’all, I am totally happy with the outcome. How can I not love Hashbrowns that are always fresh, never frozen potatoes? It’s a Win-win ingredient in my book.
Simply Potatoes® products are: Made with real ingredients, totally easy to prepare since they involve less prep time than cooking with whole potatoes. Simply Potatoes® products need no peeling or shredding and are versatile and delicious as is or in your favorite recipes.
So what do you need to make this recipe? It’s simple, 2 bags of Simply Potatoes® O’Brien Hashbrowns, 32 ounces of leftover steak or freshly cooked, 2 green bell peppers, 1 pint of Portobello mushrooms, 1 large yellow onion, and tons of provolone cheese. 6 ingredients Y’all and you will have hearty meat and potatoes, husband approved meal.
Hashbrowns and Cheese Steak Casserole
32-ounces of well-seasoned leftover steak cut into strips
2-1 pound-4-ounce bags of Simply Potatoes® O’Brien Hashbrowns
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 green bell peppers cut into strips
1 large yellow onion cut into strips
1 pint of Portobello mushrooms sliced
3 cloves of garlic minced
1 pound of sliced deli provolone cheese or about 18 slices
Seasoned salt, to own taste
freshly ground black pepper, to own taste
Hashbrowns and Cheese Steak Casserole
- 32- ounces of well-seasoned leftover steak cut into strips
- 2-1 pound-4-ounce bags of Simply Potatoes® O’Brien Hashbrowns
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 green bell peppers cut into strips
- 1 large yellow onion cut into strips
- 1 pint of Portobello mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 pound of sliced deli provolone cheese or about 18 slices
- Seasoned salt to own taste
- freshly ground black pepper to own taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Cut 32-ounces of leftover steak or a London Broil into strips, you can also cook fresh steak until the desired doneness is achieved and let rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
- Cut 2 green bell peppers and 1 large onion into strips. Slice the Portobello mushrooms and mince the garlic cloves.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium heat before adding 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the sliced green bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and minced garlic to the cast iron skillet and cook over medium heat for about 7-8 minutes. Reserve till needed.
- Prepare a large casserole dish with cooking spray, add one layer (1 bag) to the bottom of the casserole dish of Simply Potatoes® Obrien Hashbrowns, season with season salt and freshly ground black pepper to own taste, add a layer of provolone cheese (6 slices), add a layer of steak, next add the cooked green bell peppers, yellow onions, Portobello mushrooms, layer 6 more slices of the provolone cheese, add another layer of the Simply Potatoes® Obrien Hashbrowns on top. Cover the large baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Place the Hashbrowns and Cheese Steak Casserole in a preheated 350 degree F oven, bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove the Hashbrowns and Cheese Steak Casserole from oven and add the last 6 slices of provolone cheese and bake uncovered about 8-10 minutes till top layer of cheese melts.
- Remove from oven, let rest on a heat-resistant surface for about 7 minutes before serving.
- See the Giveaway at the bottom!