This deliciously Creamy Spinach Dip pairs so well with your favorite crackers, crunchy tortillas, crusty bread, or even thick-cut potato chips; it makes it perfect for any potluck or gathering. Simple to make dip recipe, with fresh ingredients, that will have your guests asking you for this delicious appetizer recipe immediately after one bite.
Creamy Spinach Dip is one of my favorite go-to appetizers when we have guests over at the house. Everyone seems to enjoy the fresh taste of this Creamy Dip at our gatherings; this dip damn near flies off the table in record time I tell you.
Growing up, the only way my step-mom made her spinach dip was by using an envelope of Knorr’s dehydrated soup mix and chopped frozen spinach, don’t get me wrong we ate it and enjoyed it. However, as the years have passed, we have learned to eat a little more healthy. I enjoy using fresh veggies and spinach in mine these days, and I bet after tasting this recipe, you will too.
This is one of those dips that you can chill for about 2 hours or better yet let the creamy spinach dip sit overnight you will find you can reap the benefits of a more flavorful tasting dip. It usually stays reasonably well for at least 3-4 days if stored properly in your refrigerator.
Ingredients needed to make Creamy Spinach Dip
- Two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup of onion, minced
- Two medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 of a teaspoon season salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 24-ounces fresh baby spinach, cleaned and chopped
- Two medium scallions, minced
- One cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Three tablespoons of pimentos, drained
- Two teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- One teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Finely shredded carrot
- ¼ cup Onion, minced
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon Season salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 24 ounces Fresh baby spinach, cleaned and chopped
- 2 medium Scallions, minced
- 1 cup Sour cream
- ½ cup Real mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Pimentos, drained
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Fresh lemon juice
Heat the olive oil in a large metal skillet over medium heat. Add the shredded carrot, minced onion, minced garlic, seasoned salt, and ground black pepper and stir. Cook, stirring occasionally until all of the vegetables have softened, about 4 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl and set aside until needed.
Return the large metal pan to medium heat, add about half of the chopped spinach, season lightly with seasoned salt and black pepper. Cook, tossing the spinach occasionally until the spinach has wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Repeat this step with the remaining spinach.
In the large glass bowl that cooked veggies are in, add the minced scallions, drained pimentos, sour cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire, and lemon juice and stir to combine. Cover tightly and refrigerate until the flavors meld and the dip is thoroughly chilled about 2 hours.
Season with more salt and pepper as needed, then transfer to a serving dish.
Serve with butter crackers, crusty bread, tortilla chips, or thick-cut potato chips.
Be sure to Pin or Print for later!