This recipe for Crab Stuffed Jumbo Shrimp Recipe is all about decadent tasting baked jumbo shrimp generously stuffed with a delicious crab filling all sitting pretty in a delicious butter sauce, every bite is delicious. This appetizer is perfect for a big dinner party or just a romantic dinner for two on date night.
Crab Stuffed Shrimp is one of those appetizers that you just can’t get enough of; trust me I have double and even tripled this recipe in hopes to have a few leftover at times, just to have my guests gobble them down in no time flat. Not that I mind, I actually take it as a sincere compliment that everyone loves them so much.
As most of Y’all know, I’m back in the Sunshine State again with an abundance of deliciously fresh seafood surrounding me. I am definitely excited to be back at home where I am able to be a little more creative with recipes.
It sure has been a long year of cooking on the fly in Mississippi and hoping for the best when it comes to the lighting or the ability to get in the kitchen when I want to conjure up one of my favorite recipes to share with Y’all.
One of the things I have noticed lately is that I haven’t been sharing many meat recipes or seafood recipes with Y’all; so we are gonna take care of that this week with 3-4 fun little recipes to add to your collection of recipes to try.
Crab Stuffed Jumbo Shrimp is definitely bound to be a real keeper if you or your family are shrimp and crab lovers. So be sure to try it once, and then double the recipe the next time you make it for your guests, because they are gonna love it.
Crab Stuffed Jumbo Shrimp Recipe
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat
- 2 teaspoons of Cajun Seasoning
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup of minced celery
- 1/4 minced red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 and 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 20 jumbo shrimp, shell removed, except the tail, deveined, and butterflied
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, garnish
- parsley, garnish
Directions for Crab Stuffed Jumbo Shrimp
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a large glass baking dish and set aside.
- Place the crabmeat in a large bowl and season Cajun Seasoning. Reserve in the refrigerator till needed.
- In a metal skillet, melt about 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter over medium heat. Add the celery and red bell peppers, then cook about 3-4 minutes. Add the parsley and the garlic, and cook, for 1 minute. Remove the metal skillet from the heat source.
- Add the sautéed vegetables to the crabmeat. add sliced green onions, and toss to combine. Add the mayonnaise, egg, fresh lemon juice, and hot sauce and stir gently to combine. Add 1 cup of the panko bread crumbs, kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, and stir gently.
- Mound about 2 tablespoons of the crabmeat stuffing mixture into each butterflied shrimp, and place, with the stuffed sides up, in the prepared glass baking dish. Drizzle the stuffed Jumbo shrimp with the remaining melted unsalted butter.
- Bake the Crab Stuffed Jumbo Shrimp at 350 F until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish the Crab Stuffed Jumbo Shrimp with lemon wedges and fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2018- 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.