This recipe for Crab Stuffed Jumbo Shrimp Recipe is all about decadent tasting baked jumbo shrimp generously stuffed with a delicious crab filling all sitting pretty in a delicious butter sauce, and every bite is delicious. This appetizer is perfect for a big dinner party or just a romantic dinner for two on date night.
Crab Stuffed Shrimp is one of those appetizers that you can’t get enough of; trust me; I have double and even tripled this recipe in hopes of having a few leftovers at times, to have my guests gobble them down in no time flat. Not that I mind, I take it as a sincere compliment that everyone loves them so much.
As most of Y’all know, I’m back in the Sunshine State again with an abundance of deliciously fresh seafood surrounding me. I am excited to be back at home, where I can be a little more creative with recipes.
It sure has been a long year of cooking on the fly in Mississippi and hoping for the best when it comes to the lighting or the ability to get in the kitchen when I want to conjure up one of my favorite recipes to share with Y’all.
It’s a recipe that one of my dearest friends Fran made. Fran was always cooking up a storm in her kitchen, and I loved every minute of it. Unfortunately, my best friend passed away last January 20th, 2017. I will always remember her humor and delicious tasting food.
One of the things I have noticed lately is that I haven’t been sharing many meat recipes or seafood recipes with Y’all, so we are going to take care of that this week with 3-4 fun little recipes to add to your collection of recipes to try.
Crab Stuffed Jumbo Shrimp is bound to be a real keeper if you or your family are shrimp and crab lovers. So be sure to try it once, and then double the recipe the next time you make it for your guests, because they are going to love it.
Ingredients needed to make Crab Stuffed Jumbo Shrimp Recipe
One pound fresh crabmeat
Two teaspoons of Cajun Seasoning
One stick of unsalted butter
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/4 cup of minced celery
1/4 minced red bell peppers
1/4 cup chopped parsley
One tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup mayonnaise
One egg, lightly beaten
juice of 1 fresh lemon
One tablespoon hot sauce
One and 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Twenty jumbo shrimp, shell removed, except the tail, deveined, and butterflied
Freshly ground black pepper
One lemon, cut into wedges, garnish
Crab Stuffed Jumbo Shrimp Recipe
- 1 pound Fresh crab meat
- 2 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
- 1 stick Unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup Minced celery
- 1/4 Minced red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup Chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 large Egg lightly beaten
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1 tablespoon Hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 20 Jumbo shrimp shell removed, except the tail, deveined, and butterflied
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Lemon cut into wedges, to garnish
- Parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a large glass baking dish and set a side.
- Place the crabmeat in a large bowl and season Cajun Seasoning. Reserve in the refrigerator till needed.
- In a metal skillet, melt about 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter over medium heat. Add the celery and red bell peppers, then cook about 3-4 minutes. Add the parsley and the garlic, and cook, for 1 minute. Remove the metal skillet from the heat source.
- Add the sautéed vegetables to the crabmeat. add sliced green onions, and toss to combine. Add the mayonnaise, egg, fresh lemon juice, and hot sauce and stir gently to combine. Add 1 ½ cups of the panko bread crumbs, kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, and stir gently.
- Mound about 2 tablespoons of the crabmeat stuffing mixture into each butterflied shrimp, and place, with the stuffed sides up, in the prepared glass baking dish. Drizzle the stuffed Jumbo shrimp with the remaining melted unsalted butter.
- Bake the Crab Stuffed Jumbo Shrimp at 350 F until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish the Crab Stuffed Jumbo Shrimp with lemon wedges and fresh parsley.
Use the Pin or Print Options to Save the recipe for later!