This Lemon Blackberry Parfait is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or healthy snack midday, or even a quick dessert. You’ll love the fact these delicious parfaits are super simple to make. Made with organic honey granola cereal, lemon yogurt, delicious juicy organic blackberries, lemon zest, and a fresh sprig of mint you can’t go wrong with this healthy recipe.
Most of you know by now I’m not a huge fan of dessert, I might crave it here and there but sweets have never been my thing so this is right up my alley for a quick go to dessert sometimes. Don’t get me, wrong Y’all, I love to bake around the fall and winter holidays, just not in the HOT summer. I tend to crave simple, cold, and fruity during the summer. Don’t you?
Today, was a super hot day here in the South, and honestly, I was craving something a little sweet, tart, and yet a bit fruity; so I decided to pull out an old family favorite we simply call Lemon Blackberry Parfaits. Lemon is definitely one of those fabulous clean tasting, tart, citrus flavors, that goes over really well with my family and friends when they drop by the house.
Toss in some extra fresh organic sweet blackberries in this recipe and your family will be in seventh heaven between the tartness of the lemon and sweetness of the blackberries. I like a little more crunch, so I try to look for the cluster granola cereal to give it a bit of crunchy oomph Y’all, but you can use whatever type of granola you prefer in your Lemon Blackberry Parfaits.
Lemon Blackberry Parfait
Serving measurements are for 1 serving
- 1 cup of honey granola, your brand
- 3/4 of a cup of lemon flavored yogurt. your brand
- 10 organic blackberries
- fresh lemon zest
- a sprig of fresh mint
Directions to make Lemon Blackberry Parfait
- Place a 1/3 of a cup layer of honey oat granola cereal on the bottom of a stemless wine glass or small container such as a mason jar.
- Add a 1/3 of the lemon flavored yogurt to the top of the honey oat granola
- Next, add another 1/3 of a cup layer honey granola cereal on top of the lemon flavored yogurt.
- Place 4 or 5 of the blackberries on top of the honey granola cereal.
- Add a 1/3 of the lemon flavored yogurt to the top of the blackberries.
- Add the rest of the blackberries on top of the lemon yogurt
- Top with zest of lemon and a sprig of fresh mint.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2017-2013 unauthorized use and/or duplication of content/ material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.