Roasted Rainbow Carrots with Honey Lime are not only gorgeous but colorfully tempting to any organic carrot lover. The slightly different taste of each color these vibrant colored beauties is amazing. This wonderful flavor only intensifies as you slowly roast them in the oven after glazing them with a layer of flavor bursting Honey and Lime Glaze.
Roasted Rainbow Carrots couldn’t be any easier to make than this recipe, heck you don’t even need to peel these lovely carrots; just simply scrub the organic carrots clean. Most of the valuable nutrients are hidden in those thin skins so let’s not waste these wonderful health benefits
There is so much more than meets the eye with these brightly colored pretty looking organic carrots. The health benefits of the rainbow carrots are simply amazing. I honestly don’t know what to go on more about Y’all, the color, taste, or nutritional value of these show stoppers. Can you tell I’m a huge fan of these organic rainbow carrots?
Let’s talk Nutrition…
- Carrots are a great source of vitamin C with one large carrot which is about 20 percent of your daily needs.
- Carrots also have 395 mg of potassium per cup. This nutrient will help to reduce your blood pressure.
Multi-colored Carrots also have 20 percent of your daily need of vitamin K, a nutrient that works along with calcium to strengthen your bones.
- Yellow Carrots contain luten that fights macular degeneration and assures the development of healthy eyes.
- Orange Carrots have a phytonutrient called falcarinol is being researched for its ability to fight colon cancer. Carrots also boast four grams of fiber per cup.
- Red Carrots contain lycopene, the same antioxidant that makes tomatoes the heavyweight contender for cancer prevention.
- Purple Carrots get their color from anthocyanin, a powerful antioxidant that is anti-inflammatory.
I was craving a nice juicy steak the other day, but I wanted to make a simple side for my steak that would pop in color and taste. These organic rainbow carrots really caught my eye at Krogers when I was passing by the organic vegetable section. I prefer to use organic produce, however, if you want you can easily use the regular produce in your recipe and it’s still going to turn out awesome in the long run.
Ingredients needed for Roasted Rainbow Carrots with Honey and Lime Recipe
- 16 ounces of organic rainbow carrots
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 2 fresh limes
- 1 and tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure organic honey
- Kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to own taste
Roasted Rainbow Carrots with Honey Lime are not only gorgeous but colorfully tempting to any organic carrot lover. The slightly different taste of each color these vibrant colored beauties are amazing.
- 16 ounces organic rainbow carrots
- 1 lime zest of
- 2 limes juice of
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt to own taste
- freshly ground black pepper to own taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
Wash the organic carrots then place them in a large mixing bowl.
Mix together the zest of 1 lime, juice of 2 limes, pure organic honey, kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper in a small bowl.
Pour lime and honey mixture over the organic rainbow carrots and toss well to coat.
Spread the rainbow carrots on a metal baking sheet in a single layer.
Roast the rainbow carrots for 16-20 minutes or until tender and they start to caramelize. You may turn the carrots at about 8-9 minutes if desired.
Don’t forget to use the Pin and Print buttons to SAVE the recipe for later!