Panzanella With Mozzarella and Herbs is a beautiful Tuscan salad of stale bread and deliciously ripe sweet juicy tomatoes. It is relatively simple and to the point, just chunks of soaked stale Italian bread and super juicy ripe organic heirloom tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, red onions, garlic, and fresh herbs, dressed with quality olive oil and red wine vinegar.
It’s tomato season, my favorite time to pick perfectly ripe, taut, and juicy tomato specimens right off the vine. However, there are always a few overripe, incredibly fleshy counterparts hanging out among the bunch. Panzanella With Mozzarella and Herbs is the perfect place to use those softer tomatoes that are super juicy and delightfully rich in flavor.
Panzanella With Mozzarella and Herbs is one of my quintessential summer salads on my menu now. This time of the year is perfect for making this classic side. The gardens and markets are filled to the brim with brilliant, vividly colorful fresh organic heirloom tomatoes and vegetables.
I love using different sized and colored organic heirloom tomatoes in my recipe for Panzanella With Mozzarella and Herbs; it just adds a beautiful fresh pop of color and different textures and tastes to the tomato and bread salad.
This is delicious, simple to make, healthy, extremely economical Panzanella With Mozzarella and Herbs will and last for a few days if stored properly in a sealed container placed in the refrigerator, ready to go with any meal of your choice.
Panzanella With Mozzarella and Herbs
Ingredients needed for Panzanella With Mozzarella and Herbs
Eight medium-sized ripe organic heirloom tomatoes
One pint of ripe organic grape tomatoes
Two cups of 4 days old stale Tuscan or Italian bread, cubed, dried out
Eight ounces of small mozzarella cheese balls or cut into small pieces
One small red onion, diced
Two cloves of garlic minced
1/4 of a cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 of a cup of high-quality red wine vinegar
Freshly ground pepper
Six fresh basil leaves, finely torn
Panzanella With Mozzarella and Herbs
- 8 medium Ripe organic heirloom tomatoes
- 1 pint Ripe organic grape tomatoes
- 2 cups Stale Tuscan or Italian bread cubed, dried out
- 8 ounces small mozzarella cheese balls or cut into small pieces
- 1 Red onion diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- ¼ cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup High-quality red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 5-6 Fresh basil leaves finely torn
- Slice the organic heirloom tomatoes and grape tomatoes, place in a large bowl and salt well to draw out the natural juices, let sit 15-30 minutes before adding other ingredients to the bowl.
- Combine the organic heirloom tomatoes, grape tomatoes, 4 days old stale Tuscan or Italian bread, small mozzarella cheese balls, diced red onion, and minced garlic in a large bowl.
- Pour the olive oil and red wine vinegar over the top of the Panzanella and gently toss to coat. Let sit for 30 minutes so the stale bread can absorb some of the dressing.
- Fold in the torn basil leaves just before serving.
- Season with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to own taste.
Although themccallumsshamrockpatch.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and how ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Under no circumstances will themccallumsshamrockpatch.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on nutritional information.
Don’t forget to Save the Panzanella With Mozzarella and Herbs recipe by using the Pin and Print Options!
If you enjoyed this recipe for Panzanella With Mozzarella and Herbs, here are a few other suggestions.
- Classic Italian Pasta Salad is made with organic tri-color rotini, packed with tons of vegetables, cheeses, meats, and coated in a homemade vinaigrette. It’s The perfect recipe to feed a crowd for picnics, potlucks, office parties, and family gatherings.
- Tortellini Saladis just one of our favorite salads. It’s the perfect salad for lunch, family gatherings, church potlucks, graduation parties; you name it this Tortellini Salad is guaranteed ROCK any gathering you take it to.
- Chickpea Salad combines all of my favorite organic garden fresh vegetables in one fabulous easy recipe. The chickpeas are combined with zucchini, vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced green onions, sweet yellow bell peppers, drizzled with virgin olive oil and lemon dressing.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2021-2013 unauthorized use and/or duplication of content/ material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with proper and specific direction to the original content.