Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry will absolutely steal the show at breakfast or brunch when baked into quick and easy Fruit and Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries topped with deliciously tangy cream cheese filling and piled high with the season’s freshest fruits such as strawberries, kiwi, and blueberries all topped with orange marmalade.
It’s late spring and this year I had to wait a little later than usual to enjoy some of my favorite fruits but I am totally excited to show off these super cute, super easy Fruit and Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries that I made in almost no time with Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry this morning. Can you believe in less than 25 minutes I was sinking my teeth into a delicious flaky fruit topped pastry?I love fresh blueberries and strawberries and will totally find any excuse to eat them, so topping a light airy flaky Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry with them was a total no-brainer this gorgeous May morning.The real beauty of making these Fruit and Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries made with Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry is that they are the perfect breakfast treat to make any time of the year simply by changing the fruits to the fruits in that season. How can you go wrong with so many choices? Look how amazing these Fruit and Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries look, don’t they just make you happy? All that fruity goodness piled high on top of a Puff Pastry Sheet that has been split down the center and filled with homemade strawberry cream cheese–one word for you Yummylicious! That’s right I said it y’all.
Fruit and Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries
- 1 package of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry
- Flour for the dusting surface of board
- 1-8-ounce package of cream cheese softened
- 1/4 of a cup of fresh chopped strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla
- 8 large whole fresh strawberries sliced
- 2 ripe kiwis sliced
- 1/2 of a cup fresh ripe blueberries
- 1/2 of a cup of orange marmalade heated
Instructions for FRUIT AND CREAM CHEESE BREAKFAST PASTRIES
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees F
- Let frozen the Puff Pastry thaw on the counter about 35-40 minutes, must still be cold to the touch.
- Dust a work surface lightly with flour. Carefully unwrap and unroll the Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry on the lightly flour dusted work surface.Using a 4-inch cookie cutter or jar lid cut out 4 circles and place on a prepared metal cookie sheet. (You may need 2 metal sheets to fit all 8 or one large metal sheet.)
- Bake at the Cut Puffed Pastry rounds on 400 degrees F for 14-15 minutes. Remove the metal pan from oven and place on a heat-resistant surface to cool pastries. Once cooled split the pastries in half and place on baking rack.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and chopped strawberries in a food processor and process till thick and creamy. (Or you can use ready made Strawberry cream cheese if you are in a hurry.)
- Spread a tablespoon or two of the strawberry cream cheese mixture on each half of the baked Puff Pasty, top with fresh sliced strawberries, kiwis, and blueberries, drizzle warm orange marmalade over the fruit and immediately serve the Fruit and Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries.
Want to see more #InspiredbyPuff ? See the #InspiredbyPuff Pinterest Board
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2017- 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.