Shrimp and Berry Salad with Avocados is a super simple, addictive, deliciously, healthy, lunch or light dinner idea you can readily make in no time flat with fresh ingredients such as crisp romaine lettuce, succulent gulf shrimp, red tomatoes, red onions, chickpeas, ripened avocados, juicy raspberries, and sweet blackberries.
I love Gulf shrimp and I’ll be quite frank with you, if I see Gulf Shrimp on sale and they look good, I am buying them in mass quantities. I will find any excuse I can to use them in my recipes they are just that darn delicious. Hence one of my favorite recipes is my Shrimp and Berry Salad with Avocados.Can you believe it’s March? I mean summer is only 3 months away and I totally miss the warm sunshine state I lived in for so many years. I have lived near the Memphis border for a little over 6 months and darn you Mississippi you are still rather chilly to this Floridian girl. So I am in desperate need of a Florida meal now and Shrimp and Berry Salad with Avocados definitely will be my go-to Florida meal today on this chilly day.
I love making my own Fresh Mixed Berry Vinaigrette for the Shrimp and Berry Salad with Avocados, combining fresh delightful flavors of fresh juicy raspberries, sweet blackberries, quality balsamic vinegar, garlic, Vidalia onions, pure organic honey, tarragon, and fresh sweet basil. You can find my Fresh Mixed Berry Vinaigrette recipe here ->
Shrimp and Berry Salad with Avocados
- 1 pound of large cooked Gulf shrimp
- 1 head of purple romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 head of green romaine lettuce chopped
- 2- 3 sliced ripe red tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 of a cup of chickpeas drained
- 2 Hass avocados sliced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- 1 cup of fresh blackberries
- 1 recipe for Fresh Mixed Berry Vinaigrette
- Remove tails and then deveined the Gulf shrimp.
- Thoroughly wash and drain purple and green romaine lettuce, before chopping.
- Slice 2-3 ripe tomatoes.
- Drain the chickpeas, measure out 1/2 of a cup of chickpeas.
- Slice 2 Hass avocados and sprinkle the juice of 1 lime over the sliced avocado to prevent discoloration.
- In a large salad bowl combine shrimp, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, chickpeas, Hass avocados, fresh raspberries, and fresh blackberries.
- Gently toss ingredients to combine the salad.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch 2017- 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.