Broccoli Apple Salad is one of those salads that’s so deliciously good. It’s hard to remember it’s the main ingredient is broccoli. Broccoli has long been a love-hate relationship with many adults and children alike over the years. However, the Broccoli Apple salad recipe has always been a massive hit with my children and family thankfully.
I love broccoli as long as it’s not just bland steamed broccoli tossed on my plate. That’s where I draw the line with broccoli. I also won’t eat overcooked broccoli; it’s just kind of downright gross. What’s your broccoli pet peeve?
These tiny green mini trees we call broccoli are known for being pushed off the plates of children and adults alike around the world. However, broccoli’s reputation as one of the healthiest veggies still holds by the various statistics.
Health benefits of eating broccoli
Decreased risk of diabetes
Reduced risk of heart disease
Reduced risk of some cancers
Improved digestion and natural detoxification
Healthy complexion and hair
Better bone health
Fresh, young broccoli should not taste woody or sulfurous. To make sure you get the best tasting broccoli, store the unwashed fresh broccoli in a loose-fitting or perforated plastic bag in the refrigerator’s crisper drawer. Only wash the broccoli right before consuming, as wet broccoli may develop mold and become limp.
Broccoli Apple Salad is sure to be one of your favorite broccoli recipes for potlucks or any get-together. This easy to make broccoli apple salad is perfect for summer lunches or as a fresh dinner side dish. It has just the right amount of creamy flavor to make this broccoli apple salad a recipe you’ll want to make again and again.
Broccoli Apple Salad Ingredients
Five to six cups fresh broccoli florets, about three medium heads
1/2 of a cup of shredded carrots
One large red onion diced
Two ribs of celery sliced
Four Pink Lady apples, chopped
1/2 of a cup of dried cranberries
1/2 of a cup of raisins
1/4 of a cup sunflower seeds
3/4 of a cup of mayonnaise
juice of two fresh lemons
Two tablespoons of sugar
kosher salt to own taste
freshly ground black pepper to own taste
Broccoli Apple Salad
- 5 cups broccoli florets about 3 medium heads
- ½ cup carrots shredded
- 1 large red onion diced
- 2 ribs celery sliced diced
- 4 Pink Lady apples or Gala chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup white raisins may sub with regular
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds unsalted
Creamy dressing ingredients:
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 lemons Juice of
- 2 tablespoons sugar or to own taste
- Kosher salt to own taste
- black pepper to own taste
- In a large glass bowl combine broccoli florets, cup shredded carrots, diced red onion, sliced celery, chopped Pink Lady apples, dried cranberries, raisins, and sunflower seeds.
- In a small glass bowl combine mayonnaise, juice of 2 lemons, sugar, kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper to your own taste.
- Add salad dressing mixture to a large dish and toss ingredients to combine the salad dressing and veggies.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before serving.
Although themccallumsshamrockpatch.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and how ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Under no circumstances will themccallumsshamrockpatch.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on nutritional information.
If you enjoyed this recipe for Broccoli Apple Salad, you might enjoy these recipes too.
- Carrot Apple Salad is so refreshing, sweet, and tangy. Carrot Apple Salad keeps well in the refrigerator for several days. This Salad is a beautiful side for any meal. This fantastic tasting dish also makes a lovely presentation on the dinner table and is excellent for potlucks, holidays, or gatherings.
- Orzo Salad with Apples and Cranberries is a simple, deliciously made salad with chilled Ozro, crisp gala apples, dried cranberries, broccoli, chopped walnuts, and a fresh and clean-tasting dressing.
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Fruit is not only light on calories, healthy, and refreshing tasting; it’s simply a stunning looking show stopper light meal to serve for any luncheon or light dinner.
Don’t forget to use the Pin and Print options to SAVE the recipe for later!