Healthy Fruit and Quinoa Salad with Yogurt Dressing is a perfectly healthy, colorful, spring salad that combines tricolor organic quinoa, fresh organic fruit such as raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, kiwi, Hass avocados, mint leaves and creamy delicious yogurt dressing.
I’m big fruit lover, especially in the late spring and early summer. I enjoy fruit almost daily as a snack or even use it in my salads for a lighter refreshing healthy meal. When it is hot outside, cold fruit just really hits the spot. It’s so light, delicious, cold and refreshing; definitely perfect for any spring day.I love that berries are little and so colorful, yet the raspberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries contain antioxidants. The antioxidants in berries can help your body fight oxidative stress caused by free radicals that can lead to illness.
I love the flavor and texture of the quinoa and fresh fruits and berries, for this salad, I decided to use a tricolored quinoa for the dramatic color effect and slightly different textures. Have you tried quinoa yet? It’s such a tasty, healthy, superfood if you haven’t you have to try as soon as you can.
7 reasons to love Quinoa
- Quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods you can eat and is considered a complete protein.
- Quinoa has almost twice as much fiber as most other grains.
- Quinoa has Iron. There are many benefits of iron some more of which include neurotransmitter synthesis, regulation of body temperature, aids enzyme activity, and energy metabolism.
- Quinoa contains lysine. Lysine is mainly essential for tissue growth and repair.
- Quinoa is rich in magnesium. Magnesium helps to relax blood vessels and thereby to reduce migraines.
- Quinoa is high in Riboflavin (B2). B2 improves energy metabolism within brain and muscle cells and is known to help create proper energy production in cells.
- Quinoa has a high content of manganese. Manganese is an antioxidant, which helps to prevent damage to the mitochondria during energy production as well as to protect red blood cells and other cells from injury.
You’re going to love this salad with Quinoa with blackberries, strawberries, raspberries avocado, fresh mint, and a creamy refreshing yogurt dressing. This easy to make, healthy Quinoa Fruit Salad goes well with almost any late spring or summer meal.
Healthy Fruit and Quinoa Salad with Yogurt Dressing
- 1 cup of tri-colored quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 2 kiwis peeled. sliced
- 1 cup of blackberries
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries
- 2 Hass avocados peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces of organic yogurt, Berry Flavor
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 10 small tender mint leaves
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve until water runs clear, drain.
- Add 2 cups water, 1 cup of quinoa, and salt; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until water is absorbed 15 to 20 minutes.
- Set aside off the heat for 5 minutes; uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Let the quinoa completely cool before starting step 6.
- Combine the cooled quinoa, kiwi, blackberries, strawberries, and chopped avocado with 8 ounces of organic yogurt, Summer Berry Flavor, juice and zest of 1 lime, gently toss the ingredients to combine.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
- Seve immediately.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch,2018- 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.