Every busy household should have a delicious go-to recipe for a quick, easy, tasty meal on the weeknight when they are hard-pressed for time. My easy go-to meal in our household is my Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo recipe, combined with a rich, thick, creamy homemade Alfredo sauce with grilled chicken and fresh broccoli that will have you in and out of the kitchen in no time.
Next, for the broccoli, bring about 1/4 inch of water to a boil in a large metal pan. Add about 1/2 teaspoon of fine sea salt and broccoli florets to the metal pan. Cover the metal pan and steam until about 3-5 minutes for crisp-tender florets. Drain and reserve until needed for the recipe.
Alfredo sauce can be a taboo subject among old-school Italian cooks; many will be the first to remind you, “Alfredo sauce” is almost entirely nonexistent in Italy, although there are many recipes for pasta sauces that combine butter and Parmigiano. For example, gnocchi, egg noodles, and meatless ravioli are served with melted butter and freshly grated Parmigiano cheese. The recipe is titled “al burro,” with butter.
In Rome, Italy egg noodles with butter and Parmigiano are often called, “Alla Romana,” Roman-style. Just don’t expect to find anything titled “Alfredo Sauce” in Italy, as it’s an American-Italian recipe versus a Traditional Italian method.
Ingredients needed to make Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo recipe
Three-8-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts, seasoned and grilled
One head of broccoli cut into bite-sized pcs and lightly steamed
One stick of unsalted butter
One cup of heavy cream
1/2 cup whole milk
Three tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
A pinch of nutmeg
Red pepper flakes to own taste
Kosher salt to own taste
Freshly ground black pepper to own taste
Two cups freshly grated Parmesan
One pound of cooked pasta
Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
- 3- 8-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts, seasoned and grilled
- 1 head broccoli bite-sized pcs lightly steamed
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- kosher salt to own taste
- freshly ground pepper to own taste
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 pound cooked pasta
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes optional
- In a medium saucepan or metal skillet, warm the unsalted butter and heavy cream.
- Season the unsalted butter and heavy cream with parsley, nutmeg, red pepper flakes, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the Parmesan and stir continuously until melted.
- Reduce the heat source to the lowest setting.
- Slice the grilled chicken and then add the sliced chicken to the alfredo sauce, next add the bite-sized broccoli to the alfredo sauce and completely turn off the heat source.
- Toss in your favorite cooked pasta adding some of the pasta water if desired to thin sauce.
- Serve while hot on your favorite pasta dishes.
- Squeeze a fresh lemon slice over pasta if desired.
Don’t forget to use the Pin and Print Options to save for later!
Suggested recipes to try
- Seafood Manicotti with Shrimp is one of my favorite traditional Christmas Eve dishes, and how can it not be? Pasta that’s decadently filled to the brim with delicious shrimp, crab, creamy ricotta cheese, Organic Parmesan cheese shreds, organic chopped spinach, and fresh chopped herbs, resting on a bed of broccolini, all covered in a deliciously simple red sauce and smothered in more Organic Parmesan cheese shreds.
- American Goulash, aka American Chop Suey, aka Beef and Macaroni, has simple, economical, filling ingredients. Such as lean ground beef, green bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and seasoned with herbs that are reasonably family-friendly and super simple to find at any market or local grocer.
- Rigatoni and Sausage are made with everyday easy-to-find organic ingredients. The pasta sauce is authentic yet simple to make with layers of delicious flavor and packed with Sweet Italian Sausage that will have you in and out of the kitchen in no time flat.