This Fresh Mixed Berry Vinaigrette Recipe is an incredible leap in the right direction, combining the fresh, delightful flavors of fresh raspberries, blackberries, quality balsamic vinegar, garlic, Vidalia onions, pure organic honey, tarragon, and fresh sweet basil.
Fresh mixed berries are some of the healthiest foods on planet Earth. New research is continuously being published, and those juicy sweet ripe berries are being recognized and analyzed for their health-giving properties. Fresh Berries are incredibly high in antioxidants.
Those delicious tasting fresh organic blackberries I included in my Fresh Mixed Berry Vinaigrette Recipe are so much more than just powerful antioxidants. Blackberries are also extremely high in some of the highest forms of chronic disease and cancer-fighting compounds: vitamins C, E, and ellagic acid. They also have high levels of the soluble fiber known as pectin, a substance that studies link to lowered levels of cholesterol.
Research on fresh organic raspberries has shown that the anti-cancer benefits of raspberries may extend beyond their primary antioxidant and anti-inflammatory aspects. Many studies have suggested that increasing your daily consumption of plant foods like fresh organic raspberries decreased the risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, while also promoting healthy-looking skin, increased energy levels, and overall lower body weight with most.
I love berries, and they just have so many beautiful qualities and benefits. How can you go wrong, adding fresh organic berries to a delicious salad? I mean, the flavor, color, and taste of fresh berries are outstanding. Have you ever added fresh berries to a salad? Oh, my goodness, it’s a delicious flavor.
Fresh Mixed Berry Vinaigrette Recipe is the perfect homemade dressing for a fresh bed of spring greens with tomatoes, cucumbers, shrimp, red salad onions, garbanzo beans, feta cheese, and walnuts. It makes the perfect healthy low-cal lunch to have at work or home. Don’t be afraid to dig in and enjoy your deliciously healthy salad.
- One tablespoon authentic extra virgin olive oil
- Three tablespoons minced Vidalia onion
- Two cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 of a pint of fresh organic blackberries
- 1/2 of a pint of fresh organic raspberries
- 1/3 of a cup of quality balsamic vinegar
- One and 1/2 tablespoons of pure organic honey
- One tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- One teaspoon fresh tarragon chopped
- 1/4 of a teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of authentic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon authentic extra virgin olive oil to cook
- 3 tablespoons minced Vidalia onion
- 1/2 pint fresh organic blackberries
- 1/2 pint fresh organic raspberries
- 1/3 cup quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure organic honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper optional
- 1/2 cup authentic extra virgin olive oil
In a medium skillet, heat the 1 tablespoon of authentic extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
When the authentic olive oil has become hot, add minced Vidalia onions and the minced garlic, stir for 45 seconds.
Add the blackberries and raspberries and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the balsamic vinegar and stir in, cooking for about 1 minute.
Transfer to a blender, adding in pure honey, fresh tarragon, and fresh chopped basil leaves. blend until smooth.
Add kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
Slowly add 1/2 cup of authentic extra virgin olive oil, blending ingredients together until smooth.