This Fresh Mixed Berry Vinaigrette Recipe is a wonderful leap in the right direction, combining the fresh delightful flavors of fresh raspberries, blackberries, quality balsamic vinegar, garlic, Vidalia onions, pure organic honey, tarragon, and fresh sweet basil.
Fresh mixed berries are some of the healthiest foods on planet Earth. New research is constantly being published and those juicy sweet ripe berries are being recognized and analyzed for their health-giving properties.Fresh Berries are extremely high in antioxidants.
Those delicious tasting fresh organic blackberries I included in my Fresh Mixed Berry Vinaigrette Recipe are so much more than just powerful antioxidants. Blackberries are also extremely high in some of the highest forms of chronic disease and cancer-fighting compounds: vitamins C, E, and ellagic acid. They also have high levels of the soluble fiber known as pectin, a substance that studies link to lowered levels of cholesterol.
Research on fresh organic raspberries has shown that the anti-cancer benefits of raspberries may extend beyond their basic antioxidant and anti-inflammatory aspects. Many studies have suggested that increasing your daily consumption of plant foods like fresh organic raspberries decreased the risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, while also promoting a healthy looking skin, increased energy levels, and overall lower body weight with most.
This Fresh Mixed Berry Vinaigrette Recipe is perfect over a fresh bed of spring greens with tomatoes, cucumbers, shrimp, red salad onions, garbanzo beans, feta cheese, and walnuts. It makes the perfect healthy low-cal lunch to have at work or home. Don’t be afraid to dig in and enjoy your deliciously healthy salad.
FRESH MIXED BERRY VINAIGRETTE Recipe
- 1 tablespoon authentic extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced Vidalia onion
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 of a pint of fresh organic blackberries
- 1/2 of a pint of fresh organic raspberries
- 1/3 of a cup of quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of pure organic honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon chopped
- 1/4 of a teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of authentic extra virgin olive oil
Fresh Mixed Berry Vinaigrette Directions
- In a medium skillet, heat the 1 tablespoon of authentic extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
- When the authentic olive oil has become hot, add in minced Vidalia onions and the minced garlic, stir for 45 seconds.
- Add the blackberries and raspberries and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir in, cooking for about 1 minute.
- Transfer to a blender, adding in pure honey, fresh tarragon, and fresh chopped basil leaves. blend until smooth.
- Add kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Slowly add 1/2 cup of authentic extra virgin olive oil, blending ingredients together until smooth.
— Heidy L. McCallum (@ShamPatchCrew) January 31, 2017
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.