I’m not even going to lie the Holidays completely exhaust me, between figuring out what to eat on busy days, Holiday parties, what to take to the Holiday parties, Secret Santa gifts for the office, and etc. I just want something to eat and I really am thinking DIGIORNO® RISING CRUST® Pizza. However, you have to be kidding yourself if you think I am going back out into the Memphis area traffic for the 3rd time today. Nope, not happening again. I’m heading down to the Dollar General Store which is about 4 minutes away from the house.
The Holidays are stressful enough without adding frustration to them by going insane in the kitchen or spending unnecessary cash on the same ingredients you can find right at your local Dollar General Store. I can go right on my cell phone at home or in the Dollar General parking lot and download the current coupons and be shopping for all my favorites and saving money in as little as 1-2-3.
I don’t know about you but I am starving and trying to patiently wait while my mom slices this delicious looking DIGIORNO® RISING CRUST® Pizza. I decided to go with my favorite the Supreme DIGIORNO® RISING CRUST® Pizza today. You can’t go wrong with tons of toppings on your pizza, can you?
You’ll love just how DIGIORNO® RISING CRUST® Pizzas are so easy to make it’s almost ridiculous, just 4 simple steps to enjoying a super delicious, quick, and easy meal around the crazy Holidays.
- Preheat & Bake at 400°F. (Keep the pizzas frozen while preheating the oven.)
- Remove the pizzas from the box, any overwrap, and the cardboard.
- Place the DIGIORNO® RISING CRUST® Pizzas directly on oven racks—one on the second rack from the top and the other on second rack from the bottom of the oven.
- Bake 23 to 25 minutes in a 400°F oven.
Now while you’re browsing around in the store, don’t forget to download the all the digital coupons on the site and save some extra cash on these items plus much more at your local Dollar General Store.
- DIGIORNO® RISING CRUST® Pizza – $1.00
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Morsels- $1.50 (on 2 packages)
- NESCAFÉ® TASTER’S CHOICE® Instant Coffee- $2.00
- NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Liquid Coffee Creamer – $1.00
- NESTLÉ® Stand Up Bag Candy – $1.00
I love the holidays and enjoy celebrating the special festivities, what I don’t love is the stress that emulates off others. So do yourself a favor, slow down, breath, and know you don’t have to have holiday perfection; just enjoyable holiday functionality.
It’s nice to make those show stopper homemade confections and have everyone gasp at their sheer perfection, this I know. How about if I told you that you can still impress friends and family without making everything from scratch? That’s right, be creative and don not be afraid of a few box mixes.
Simple Fudge Brownies with Pomegranate Jewels
- 1 box of your favorite brownie box mix
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 of a cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Morsels
- parchment paper
- cooking spray
- 1 container of favorite brand cream cheese icing
- 1 Pomegranate, the seeds removed
- fresh mint sprigs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Following the instructions on the back of your favorite brownie mix box, add oil, eggs, and water. Mix according to package instructions.
- Fold in NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Morsels.
- Prepare a baking dish of your choice by lining it with a sheet of parchment paper, be sure to have a few inches hanging over each side to make for easy removal from baking dish, spray the baking dish thoroughly with cooking spray.
- Place brownie mixture into lined baking dish.
- Bake on 350 degrees recommended time on package for your baking dish size.
- Test brownies by inserting a toothpick in center of the baking dish. The toothpick should come out dry with maybe 1 small crumb attached for proper doneness.
- Remove from oven and let completely cool before removing from baking dish.
- Once the pan is completely cool, simply remove brownies by grabbing the edges of the parchment paper and lifting from bakeware.
- Place brownies on a cutting board, ice the brownies with cream cheese icing before cutting into the desired size.
- Cut brownies to the desired size, before adding pomegranate seeds.
- Decorate the brownies with the pomegranate seeds, garnish with a sprig of mint.
- Happy Holidays enjoy!
This post is sponsored by Nestlé®, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch,2016- 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms