Dried Chipped Beef Dip Recipe made with dried beef, cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, diced onions, green onions, minced jalapeño peppers, Worcestershire sauce, and Cajun Seasoning served over crusty bread or your favorite crackers it’s merely to die for. The Holidays are the time when we all bring out our cherished dips and appetizers, and one of our family’s favorites is my deliciously creamy, slightly salty, Dried Chipped Beef Dip.
The first Christmas dinner I spent with my husband and his family over ten years ago, my awesome sister-in-law brought a Dried Chipped Beef Dip to my Mother-in-laws’s Holiday dinner. I loved the texture and the flavor of the dried beef in her recipe. The dip was a super excellent tasting appetizer for a holiday. So I immediately asked for her recipe.
I decided to keep her idea for the Dried Chipped Beef Dip but remove some of that more strong saltiness taste from the original recipe. I must have made this recipe countless times until I got it to the exact taste and texture I was looking for. I played around with the Dip recipe so much in the last ten years that it’s not the same recipe anymore, but it’s still her fantastic idea.
Have you ever done that? Stripped a recipe down to the bare bones and just ultimately added your personality to it? Well, that’s what happened with her Dried Chipped Beef Dip Recipe. The result is to die for with a creamy texture, a slightly salty beef flavor that’s not over the top, and a bit of crunch and a slight kick with the minced jalapeño peppers and Cajun seasoning.
This deliciously creamy, slightly salty, Dried Chipped Beef Dip Recipe is a perfect appetizer for your holiday parties. Don’t be afraid to place a few olives around and tons of crusty French or Italian bread, and plenty of your cracker favorites for your guests to munch on before the big holiday meal.
Ingredients needed for Dried Beef Dip
16 ounces of softened cream cheese
2/3 of a cup of sour cream
1/3 of a cup of real mayonnaise
1 of a cup of sliced green spring onions
1/4 of a cup of diced yellow onion, lightly sautéed
1/4 of a cup of finely diced fresh jalapeño peppers
1-4.5-ounce jar of Armour dried beef, chopped
One tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
One teaspoon of chopped dill weed
1/2 of a teaspoon of Cajun seasoning
freshly ground black pepper to own taste
Dried Chipped Beef Dip Recipe
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup green spring onions sliced
- ¼ cup yellow onion diced and lightly sautéed
- 1 jalapeño peppers finely diced
- 1 4.5-ounce jar of Armour dried beef, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dill weed chopped
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- black pepper to taste
- Place 2 packages of 8-ounce cream cheese on the counter to soften for about 1 hour.
- Once the cream cheese is softened, place in a medium-sized mixing bowl, using a hand mixer cream the cream cheese, sour cream, and real mayonnaise.
- Add the sliced green spring onions, sautéed diced yellow onions, finely diced jalapeño peppers, dried beef, Worcestershire sauce, chopped dill weed, Cajun seasoning, and freshly ground pepper to own taste to the mixing bowl.
- Combine all the ingredients and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight for even better results.
- Serve with crusty bread or your favorite crackers.
Although themccallumsshamrockpatch.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and how ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Under no circumstances will themccallumsshamrockpatch.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on nutritional information.
Save the Dried Chipped Beef Dip recipe by using the Pin and Print Options!