The Holidays are the time when we all bring out our cherished dips and appetizers and one of our families favorites is my deliciously creamy, slightly salty, Dried Chipped Beef Dip Recipe made with dried beef, cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, diced onions, green onions, minced jalapeño peppers, Worcestershire sauce, and Cajun seasoning served over crusty bread or your favorite crackers it’s simply to die for.
The first Christmas dinner I spent with my husband and his family over 9 years ago, my sister-in-law Dawn brought a Dried Chipped Beef Dip to my Mother-in-laws Holiday dinner. I really liked the texture and the flavor of the dried beef in her recipe, but I did not like how salty her Dried Chipped Beef Dip tasted. The saltiness was a little too overboard for me and my husband’s taste. Neither one of us is big fans of over salted foods.
I decided to keep her idea when it came to the Dried Chipped Beef Dip, but remove some of that heavy salt taste from her recipe. I must have made this recipe countless times till I got it to the exact taste and texture I was looking for. I had actually played around with her Dip recipe so much in the last 9 years, that it’s not even her recipe anymore, just her idea I guess.
Have you ever done that? Stripped a recipe down to the bare bones and just completely added your own personality to it? Well, that’s what happened with her self-proclaimed famous Dried Chipped Beef Dip Recipe. The result is to die for with a creamy texture, slightly salty beef flavor, and a bit of crunch as well as a slight kick with the minced jalapeño peppers and Cajun seasoning.
This deliciously creamy, slightly salty, Dried Chipped Beef Dip Recipe is a perfect appetizer for your holiday parties. Don’t be afraid to place a few olives around and tons of crusty French or Italian bread and plenty of your cracker favorites for your guests to munch on before the big Holiday meal.
Dried Beef Dip Recipe
- 16 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 2/3 of a cup of sour cream
- 1/3 of a cup of real mayonnaise
- 1 of a cup of sliced green spring onions
- 1/4 of a cup of diced yellow onion, lightly sautéed
- 1/4 of a cup of finely diced fresh jalapeño peppers
- 1-4.5-ounce jar of Armour dried beef, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of chopped dill weed
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of Cajun seasoning
- freshly ground black pepper to own taste
- Place 2 packages of 8-ounce cream cheese on the counter to soften for about 1 hour.
- Once the cream cheese is softened, place in a medium-sized mixing bowl, using a hand mixer cream the cream cheese, sour cream, and real mayonnaise.
- Add the sliced green spring onions, sautéed diced yellow onions, finely diced jalapeño peppers, dried beef, Worcestershire sauce, chopped dill weed, Cajun seasoning, and freshly ground pepper to own taste to the mixing bowl.
- Combine all the ingredients and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight for even better results.
- Serve with crusty bread or your favorite crackers.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2016 – 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms