What could be more comfortable with making than Sausage & Cream Cheese Crescents? This recipe has made its way around the Southern States for quite some time. I had the pleasure of getting this recipe from my favorite sister in law on the day of my niece’s Katelynn’s wedding.
You can make these Easy to make Sausage & Cream Cheese Crescents has individual servings if you like or like my sister-in-law Angie does by just lay one can of Crescents rolls out and then add the Sausage and cream cheese filling on the top of the Crescent roll dough and then top with the second can of Crescent rolls.
Family Weddings can be magical and nerve-racking for brides and mothers of the brides to be, yet I have to tell you, Angie sure pulled off an excellent breakfast that morning with that delicious casserole of Easy to make Sausage Cream Cheese Crescents.
I don’t think there was one bit left at the bottom of that casserole dish the morning of Katelynn’s wedding day. We were like hungry little vultures sitting at her table, pecking away at our breakfast. Did you just vision vultures pecking at their plates?
I’m not 100% sure where Angie initially found the Easy to make Sausage & Cream Cheese Crescents recipe from, I ‘ve seen the recipe float around Pinterest and on the web a few times browsing; the most popular listing on Google seems to be from Pillsbury.com. I’m just thrilled she served it to us that morning because they were deliciously tasty, in my opinion.
I decided this morning I was going to share this wonderful recipe my sister-in-law made with Y’all, so you could judge for yourself one morning just how tasty and straightforward these bad babies are. Heck, if you are in the South, you might have already had them or even made them; if you have let me know in the comment section below, as I love hearing from Y’all.
Frequently asked questions
Question- What is ground sausage made of? Sausage most often consists of pork meat that has been ground and mixed with other ingredients. Then it is filled into a casing. Components may include a starch filler such as breadcrumbs or grains, herbs, seasoning, and flavorings such as apple or even leeks.
Question – Is ground pork sausage? Ground pork is merely that, ground pork. Pork sausage is, however, ground pork that has been seasoned.
Question- How long should you cook ground sausage? How long do you cook ground sausage? Cook for at least 5 to 7 minutes.
Question- Can you brown sausage in the microwave? Make sure to microwave fresh pork sausage until it is no longer pink inside to ensure that it is fully cooked. Microwave, the sausage at high setting 5 to 7 minutes, or until sausage, is no longer pink, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
Ingredients List Needed to make the recipe:
Ground mild sage sausage
Softened Cream Cheese
Jalapeno Peppers, seeds removed, optional
Easy to make Sausage and Cream Cheese Crescents
- 1 pound mild ground sage sausage
- 8- ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 Jalapeno minced seeds removed, optional
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- Cook mild ground sage sausage until completely browned, drain all the excess oil from sausage in a colander.
- Combine 8-ounces of softened cream cheese with cooked mild ground sausage, 1 small onion finely diced, and 2 jalapeño peppers that have been minced.
- Open 2 packages of crescent roll and place each one flat on non-stick baking sheets, you will probably need 2.
- Place about a tablespoon or so of the cream cheese and sausage mixture towards the wider end of the crescent roll, roll as instructed on the back of the crescent roll can.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees, for about 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool, the Easy to make Sausage & Cream Cheese Crescents on a baking rack.
Don’t Forget to use Pin or Print Options to Save for Later!