Creamy Spinach and Bacon Pasta Salad is so simple to make; it takes about 20 minutes from start to finish to have you out of the kitchen in no time flat. Made with fresh spinach, artesian lettuce, crisp hickory smoked bacon, grape tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, red salad onions, and a portion of creamy pasta.
I am all about simple to make dishes in the dead of summer here in Florida, that heat is something else, trust me when I say, I am totally against making dishes that require me to stand over a hot stove for long periods. That’s why I love making this beautiful creation; I call Creamy Spinach and Bacon Pasta Salad. Who doesn’t like the idea of a 20-minute side dish?
Yesterday, for the 4th of July, I decided to take a few shortcuts in my kitchen since it was about 100 degrees in the shade, and my Creamy Spinach and Bacon Salad was one of the sides I made for the holiday. Besides, anything made with bacon gets my husband’s approval and vote. When he’s happy, we are all happy.
You won’t believe how easy this was to make, all I did was simply boil one box of Suddenly Salad Caesar Salad pasta in salted water according to the package instructions. While that was going, I cooked six thick slices of hickory-smoked bacon. Then I drained and rinsed the Suddenly Salad pasta under cold water, drained again.
Once the pasta was drained, I joined 1/2 of a cup of real mayonnaise, and 1/4 of a cup of whole milk with the Suddenly Salad seasoning packet, whisked them together till smooth, then I added the cooked pasta and joined them until the pasta was evenly coated with the dressing.
Once the pasta and dressing were combined, I just added some of my favorite salad fixings; fresh spinach, artesian lettuce, crisp hickory smoked bacon, grape tomatoes, eggs, and red salad onions. Then I tossed all the ingredients together gently and refrigerated for about 30 minutes, but you can serve it immediately if you like. How easy is that? Count them 20 minutes!
Things you will need for the recipe below
- One-8.3 ounce- Box of Caesar Suddenly Salad
- Six crisp thick slices of hickory-smoked bacon
- 1/2 of a cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 of a cup whole milk
- Three hard-boiled eggs sliced
- One head of artesian lettuce chopped
- Three cups of fresh spinach chopped
- One cup of ripe grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 of a cup chopped red salad onions
Creamy Spinach and Bacon Pasta Salad
- 1-8.3 ounce Caesar Suddenly Salad
- 6 crisp thick slices of hickory smoked bacon
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs sliced
- 1 head artesian lettuce chopped
- 3 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 1 cup ripe grape tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup chopped red salad onions
- Using the directions on the back of your box of Caesar Suddenly Salad box prepare the pasta, drain and rinse the noodles if desired in cold water. Let the noodles cool.
- Meanwhile, cook 6 slices of hickory smoked bacon till crisp and boil 3 eggs till the eggs are hard-boiled.
- Combine 1 packet of Caesar Suddenly Salad dressing mix with 1/2 of a cup of mayonnaise, and 1/4 of a cup of milk. Note you may use Miracle Whip if desired.
- In a large glass bowl combine the noodles and caesar dressing whisking until smooth.
- Combine the coated pasta, fresh spinach, artesian lettuce, crisp hickory smoked bacon, grape tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, and red salad onions by gently tossing.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2020-2013 unauthorized use and/or duplication of content/ material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with proper and specific direction to the original content.