My delicious Gluten-Free Caramel Apple Cheerio Treats are a new spin on an old-fashioned treat my mom made for us as children.This decadent-tasting recipe for Gluten-Free Caramel Apple Cheerio Treats uses simple ingredients such as General Mills Brand Gluten-free Apple Cinnamon Cheerios®, Cinnamon ChexTM, Gluten-free marshmallows, pure vanilla extract, and Apple chips and is topped with Caramel.
For years, our family has enjoyed shopping at Publix for our favorite General Mills brand cereals for breakfast, as well as our family treats; so imagine my happiness when I found out General Mills has so many wonderful cereals in their gluten-free line? I was excited to make my Gluten-Free Caramel Apple Cheerio Treats to share with y’all to prove Gluten-free doesn’t have to mean boring or bland one bit.
The General Mills gluten-free family is growing in leaps and bounds y’all. Chocolate Cheerios and Lucky Charms have also recently been added to the gluten-free Cheerios and Chex family, so there are more fabulous options for those who try to avoid gluten in their diets.
Before we get started, I want to personally Thank General Mills for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me to try these delicious gluten-free cereal options in my recipe for Gluten-Free Caramel Apple Cheerio Treats. I have to tell you that I was really surprised that the taste was amazingly so close as I remembered with the original cereals that were not gluten-free.
Have you had a chance to check out all the choices that are now gluten-free at Publix? Just to give you an idea of our Gluten-free choices available to us these are the cereals that have been added to the General Mills family of Gluten-free
- ChexTM Clusters cereals, Lucky Charms®
- Cheerios®, Honey Nut Cheerios®, Multigrain Cheerios®, Apple Cinnamon Cheerios®, Chocolate Cheerios®
- Rice ChexTM,Corn ChexTM, Honey Nut ChexTM, Chocolate ChexTM, Vanilla ChexTM, Cinnamon ChexTM
Right now you can download digital coupons and Save $1.00 when you buy 2 of the select General Mills Cereals. How awesome is that? I also noted that my Publix had a BOGO on some of the listed brands so total double score on this yummy Gluten-free cereal.Gluten-Free Caramel Apple Cheerio Treats are simple and easy to make; they use a total of 6 easy to find gluten-free ingredients that you can buy right at your local Publix. If you are a fan of the cereal treats You are going to really love this spin-off of the original cereal treats.
Gluten-Free Caramel Apple Cheerio Treats
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups of Gluten-free mini marshmallows or 1-10-ounce package of large
- 4 cups of Apple Cinnamon Cheerios®
- 2 cups of Cinnamon ChexTM
- 1/2 of a cup of gluten-free dried apple chips crushed
- Gluten-free caramel sauce to top treats
- In a large saucepan melt the unsalted butter over low heat.
- Add the gluten-free marshmallows and stir until completely melted, then add the pure vanilla extract. Remove from heat immediately.
- Add the Apple Cinnamon Cheerios®, Apple Cinnamon Cheerios®, and crushed gluten-free apple chips, stir gently until well coated.
- Using buttered wax paper evenly press the cereal mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with butter or cooking spray. Cool.
- Spread or drizzle gluten-free caramel sauce over and let sit for a few moments before cutting into 2-inch squares.
- Best if served the same day.
PAYPAL $15.00 CASH GIVEAWAY
Thanks to General Mills, 1 McCallum’s Shamrock Patch Blog Follower will receive a $15 PayPal Credit when they register by completing the following tasks in the comment section. You must have a valid PayPal account upon registering.
Giveaway ends at midnight on June 29th, 2016
- Name and email you may be contacted at.
- Visit and then share in the comments with me which Gluten-free General Mills cereal is your favorite?/ or which one would you like to try first.
- All required actions must be completed to be considered.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch,2016 – 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.