Delicious homemade Bacon Horseradish and Cheddar Spread is soon to become one of your favorite , easy to make spring appetizer, made with crispy hickory smoked bacon, cream cheese, sour cream,sharp white cheddar, mild cheddar, kicked up a notch with horseradish, and served with your favorite snack crackers.
In late spring, I love having poolside parties and gatherings with friends and family snacking on yummy quick to make appetizers like this easy-to-make Bacon Horseradish and Cheddar Spread and cold beers catching a bit of the Florida Sunshine and sharing a few good laughs.
I think sometimes we lump all the fun, tasty appetizers, and snacks with the Super Bowl, so let’s think about a little Spring/Summer fun with our favorite snacks. Who said that our favorite spreads and dips can only be enjoyed during football season? I don’t know about y’all but I am ready for some deliciously spreadable foods this spring.
We have all have heard the phrase, “Bacon makes everything better”, so I’ve decided to make my sunny, Florida, spring day a lot better by making my Bacon Horseradish and Cheddar Spread to share at my best friends pool gathering today. The weather is perfect today and we plan on enjoying a drama-free day of relaxation poolside with snacks and cold ones.
Years ago, I had the opportunity to enjoy a ready-made Spread/dip made by the Heluva Good Company called Bacon Horseradish Dip, which was responsible for starting my addiction to Bacon Horseradish and Cheddar Spread. Have you ever tasted it? Totally yummy, I loved the taste but really was looking to cut out a few ingredients in my diet such an excess sodium, preservatives, and additives, so I decided to make my homemade version below to enjoy.
Bacon Horseradish and Cheddar Spread
- 6 slices of crisp hickory smoked bacon, chopped
- 1- 8-ounce-package of cream cheese softened
- 4 ounces of grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces of mild yellow cheddar cheese
- 1/3 of a cup of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of real mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of A1 steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon of horseradish
- fresh ground black peppercorns to own taste
- 3 tablespoons of sliced green onion tops, reserve 1 tablespoon
- 1 box of your favorite snack crackers
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat before adding the 6 slices of hickory smoked bacon. Cook the bacon until crispy, remove from cast iron skillet and place on a bakers rack to drain off excess oil. Once the bacon has cooled chop the bacon into small pieces, reserve a small amount of the chopped bacon to garnish the top of the Bacon Horseradish and Cheddar Spread.
- Place 8 ounces of cream cheese, sharp white cheddar, mild cheddar, sour cream, mayonnaise, steak sauce and the horseradish in a food processor, process the ingredients till creamy.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture into a glass dish, fold in 3/4 of the chopped bacon, 2 tablespoons of sliced green onion tops with the cream cheese mixture.
- Garnish with reserved chopped bacon and sliced green onion tops.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with your favorite snack crackers.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch,2016- 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.