BBQ’d Pork Sirloin Sliders on Biscuits is that delicious savory and sweet recipe that’s made with chopped Pork Sirloin Roast, sweet bbq sauce, sharp white cheddar cheese, and caramelized onions, piled high on hot fresh buttermilk biscuits.
The other day, I was at the local market and noticed that the Pork Sirloin Roasts were on sale, so the first thing that came to my mind was my favorite recipe for Bbq Pork Slidders on biscuits instead of hamburger buns piled up with yummy sharp white cheddar and caramelized onions.
Bbq Pork Slidders on Biscuits is an easy recipe to make, simply season it with olive oil, sear it, add the herbs, and spices and toss it in the oven for a little over an hour and forget till it’s done.y’all when I say easy, I mean easy in the sense of seasoning the sirloin roast and tossing it in the oven for an hour or so without having to babysit that bad baby.
What I really love about this recipe is the cooked pork sirloin stores well. I have cooked the pork sirloin roast ahead of time and put it the freezer before for a quick dinner. You can cook the pork sirloin roast in advance by following the steps 1-6 and then tightly wrapping. Place in your refrigerator for up to 3 days or freezer for up to a months time.
Bbq Pork Sliders on Biscuits
- 2.5 pounds of pork sirloin roast
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black peppercorns to own taste
- 1 and 1/2 cups of apple juice
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups of brown sugar or honey bbq sauce
- 16 buttermilk biscuits, split
- 16 slices of white sharp cheddar cheese
- caramelized onions, optional
Basic Caramelized onions
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium-low heat until foaming.
- Add the sliced onions season well with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, and let them cook, stirring rarely, until they are deep golden brown and caramelized about 30 minutes.
- Remove the onions from the pan and let cool.
Directions for roast
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Rub the pork sirloin roast with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Sear the pork sirloin roast in remaining 2 tablespoons of olive in a skillet over medium-high heat about 4-5 minutes on all sides, browning on all sides.
- Place the sirloin roast on a wire rack in a baking pan, add 1 and 1/2 cup of apple juice, 2 chopped garlic cloves, 1 bay leaf
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 155°.
- Remove the pork sirloin roast from the oven, and let stand 15 minutes on a cutting board.
- Chop the pork into small pieces after it has cooled, add bbq sauce of choice and combine.
- Place even amounts of pork on the 16 split biscuits, top with white sharp cheddar cheese and caramelized onions .
- Pairs well with a Southern-Style Coleslaw or Southern-Style Red Potato Salad
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.