I have 5 Lemon Lover Favorite recipes to share with y’all today on the blog for the lemon loving folks ; I know you are going to enjoy making these simple to make, delicious, mouth-watering recipes this Spring for your loved ones and family.
We all love the deliciously tart flavor of a freshly picked ripe lemon, the uses for these gorgeous cheery bright lemon fruits are almost limitless; whether you enjoy munching on the tart fruit or using the freshly squeezed lemon juice in a savory or sweet recipe I have 5 fun, simple to make, springtime Lemon Lovers Favorites for you to try.
Did y’all know there’s a lot more to these yummy, tart, bright yellow fruits then just recipes? Heck yes! Lemons actually have several health benefits and even organic cleaning uses. People have even been known to use a fresh lemon juice as a stain remover for their laundry.
The scent of lemon can also help repel mosquitoes and fleas on humans and animals while drinking lemon juice with olive oil may aid in getting rid of gallstones. Lemon are noted for their medicinal power ; in a study by the Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, lemon can give protection against inflammatory conditions such as polyarthritis and arthritis.
some of the medicinal and organic uses of our beloved Lemon
- Indigestion: Lemon juice helps in the relief of indigestion, simply use a light squeeze of fresh lemon on your plate to aid in the digestion of your meal.
- Fever: Fresh lemon juice may help a person who is suffering from a common cold, flu or fever. The lemon juice is said to help break fevers by increasing a person perspiration.
- Dental Care: Apply a bit of fresh lemon juice to your gums to help stop gum bleeding while eliminating the bad odors that can come from gum diseases.
- Hair Care: Lemon juice is excellent for the treatment of hair care . The lemon juice applied to the scalp help aid with dandruff, hair loss and other problems related to the hair and scalp. If you apply lemon juice directly on the hair, it helps give you an amazing shine boost too!
- Skin Care: Lemon juice, is an all natural antiseptic can help treat some problems related to the skin. Lemon juice can be applied to cut the pain of sunburn, it also helps to ease the pain from bee stings as well. It acts as an anti-aging treatment and can help with the reduction wrinkles, blackheads, and lighting of the skin.
- Burns: Use a bit lemon juice on the site of old burns to help fade the scars.
- Foot Relaxation: Lemon is useful in the aid of foot relaxation. Add some lemon juice to warm water and dip your feet in the mixture for muscle relaxation.
- Corns: Lemon juice can help dissolve hard lumps on the skin, it can be applied to the place skin has hardened up,such as the soles of feet and the palms of your hands.
- Throat Infections: Lemon is an awesome fruit that helps fights throat infections, due to its antibacterial properties.
So without further ado let’s get started on some of these tempting tart lemon lovers recipe made with simple to find ingredients. You might want to load up on the lemons this week at the farmers fresh market or your local neighborhood store and have all 5 of them!
My Lemon Blackberry Yogurt parfait is actually a short, sweet, and simple recipe that really only has 5 ingredients that I did for Nature Valley Cereal awhile back; I have to tell y’all, it was so darn tasty I bet I own stock in cereal, yogurt, lemons, and blackberries I’ve eaten it so many times. Trust me when I say you’ll totally be addicted to making your own parfaits and saving a ton of cash doing so.
Lemony Tarragon Chicken Salad it has a clean fresh taste, with a positive upside; Lemony Tarragon Chicken Salad is so easy to make in a matter of minutes; combining diced chicken breast meat, freshly roasted chopped red peppers, crisp green celery, chives, mayonnaise, freshly squeezed Florida lemon juice, garden fresh Mexican tarragon, a little kosher salt and freshly ground peppercorns.
Lemony Tarragon Fingerling Potato Salad is that one Potato Salad recipe you throw together and fall in love with, this Lemony Tarragon Fingerling Potato Salad, is mine. It’s so simple to make and delicious, it ‘s almost ridiculous. Combining the simple ingredients of Fingerling potatoes, sliced red onions, fresh tarragon leaves, whole grain mustard, lemon zest, and lemon juice for the perfect Florida spring potato salad.
Southern Oven-Fried Lemony Pepper Chicken is the best of both worlds, juicy boneless chicken thighs marinated in freshly squeezed lemon juice, buttermilk, seasoned to perfection with a delicious homemade lemon pepper seasoning, coated with one of the best Southern chicken batters, then smothered in a Lemon and Cream based Gravy made from the perfect roux.
Delicious Lemon & Pepper Wings with Rosemary are going to be a new favorite of yours combining a deliciously fresh homemade Lemon, Pepper and Rosemary seasoning with crispy wings to cut down on your fat intake what’s not to love?
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch,2016- 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.