My family recipe for Spaghetti with Florentine Meatballs is so easy to make, combining a simple pasta sauce made with Hunts Tomato Sauce®, Hunts Tomato Puree®, diced tomatoes, garlic, onion and garden fresh herbs, labeled over al dente spaghetti and served with delicious Homemade Florentine Meatballs that makes it perfect for your next Italian Dinner gathering.
Have you ever tasted Florentine Meatballs? Oh, my gosh if not, you have to try them as soon as possible, yes they are that good. I make mine with ground pork; fresh spinach, Progresso Plain Bread Crumbs™, parmesan cheese, and fresh Italian herbs from my herb garden.
Let’s get started on our Publix Viva Italia journey …
I cherish my family recipes of my grandmother Josie’s and of since Publix is hosting the Viva Italia Sale, I am stocking up on a few ingredients such as Hunt’s® Tomatoes and Sauces, Progresso™ Bread Crumbs, and some of those yummy Pillsbury™ Crescent Rolls, to make my Spaghetti with Meatballs Florentine a little more budget friendly to share with my dinner guests tonight.
The #PublixVivaItaliaSale runs February 18th – March 2nd, you can download digital coupons as well on most of the ingredients you will need to make the recipe for my Spaghetti with Meatballs Florentine.
In-Store Savings: Look for the in-store displays and recipe cards to find delicious recipe ideas and up to $9.50 in potential coupon savings. Offers available at your neighborhood Publix store from 2/18/16-3/2/16.
Specific offers included in-store at Publix:
$2.00 Off Produce with the purchase of Any Four (4) participating products. Participating products: Hunt’s Tomatoes 14.5 oz., Progresso Bread Crumbs 15 oz., Progresso Beans 19 oz.
$2.00 Off Publix Fresh Chicken with the purchase of Any Four (4) participating products
Participating products: Progresso Bread Crumbs 15 oz., Progresso Broth 32 oz., Hunt’s Tomatoes 28 oz.
Digital coupon for $1.00 Off Any Five (5) Hunt’s Tomatoes, all varieties, including sauce and organic (14.5 – 15 oz.)
Digital for coupon $1.00 Off Any Five (5) Hunt’s Tomatoes, all varieties including sauce and purée (28 – 29 oz.)
Digital coupon for $0.50 Off Any Six (6) Hunt’s Sauce or Paste (6 – 8 oz.)
Digital coupon for $1.00 Off Any Three (3) Green Giant Frozen Items (6 – 17.7 oz.)
Digital coupon for $1.00 Off Any Three (3) Pillsbury Refrigerated Breads (8 – 13.8 oz.)
Digital coupon for $1.00 Off Any Two (2) Progresso Stock Items (32 oz.)
** See store for details, dates might vary in certain markets.**
The Meatballs Florentine are lightly browned in a little olive oil before dropping them in the sauce to keep them tender and juicy on the inside; then simply placed in the sauce to finish cooking to perfection. They contain ground pork; fresh spinach, Progresso™ Bread Crumb, parmesan cheese, and fresh Italian herbs from my herb garden.
The sauce is really easy to make, just combine Hunts Tomato Sauce, Hunts Tomato Puree, diced tomatoes, garlic, onion, garden fresh herbs, and a few spices/ seasonings to make a simple pasta sauce for your Spaghetti with Meatballs Florentine; simmer the meatballs in the sauce about 20-25 minutes.
I like to place a little spare sauce and meatballs on the tables for those that like extra sauce or meatballs with their Spaghetti with Meatballs Florentine; some of the family members like a little sauce and some seem to like a ton of sauce.
Spaghetti with Florentine Meatballs super easy to make, combining a homemade simple pasta sauce made with Hunts Tomato Sauce®, Hunts Tomato Puree®, diced tomatoes, garlic, onion and garden fresh herbs, labeled over al dente spaghetti and served with delicious homemade Florentine Meatballs that makes it perfect for your next Italian Dinner gathering.
Spaghetti with Meatballs Florentine
Makes 12-16 meatballs
Meatballs Florentine Recipe
- 1 and 1/2 pounds of ground pork
- 2 and 1/2 cups of fresh chopped spinach
- 3/4 of a cup of Progresso™ Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 of a cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of rosemary
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/8 of a teaspoon of ground black pepper
- a pinch of pepper flakes
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Directions for the meatballs
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine ground pork, fresh chopped spinach, Progresso™ Bread Crumbs, parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, rosemary, kosher salt, ground black pepper, pepper flakes, and lightly beaten large egg.
- Grab a small portion of the meatball mixture and gently start rolling to form a ball about the size of a golf ball, place on a platter or baking sheet till ready; continue doing so till all the meat has been used. The mixture should make 12-16 meatballs depending on how large you make them.
- Heat a large metal skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, place 1/2 of the meatballs in the metal skillet, lightly brown the meatballs on each side, remove and place on platter.
- Repeat step 4 with the meatballs and reserve till ready.
Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1- 28-ounce can of Hunts Tomato Sauce® 28
- 1-14.5- ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of Hunts tomato® pasta
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of sugar optional
- kosher salt to own taste
- freshly ground pepper to own taste
- a pinch of red pepper seeds
- 1 pound of dry pasta, your brand
- grated parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh herbs
- Pillsbury™ Crescent Rolls
Directions for Pasta Sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the small finely diced onion and cook, stirring, until soft, about 4-5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Stir in the canned tomato sauce, canned diced tomatoes, and paste. Heat to a simmer and cook on low heat until the sauce thickens about 20 minutes.
- Add the oregano, basil, and Italian seasoning, sugar, kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes, stir well.
- Place the Meatballs Florentine in one by one, careful not to splash the sauce, reduce heat to lowest setting and cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- Cook 1 pound of dry pasta according to package directions for al dente pasta and then drain in a colander, you may rinse the pasta if desired.
- Place a portion of pasta in a pasta plate, ladle desired amount of pasta sauce over and add 2-3 meatballs, top with parmesan cheese and fresh herbs such as chopped parsley or basil.
- Serve immediately with a salad and Pillsbury Crescent Rolls.
Looking for more recipes???
Want even more recipes? Visit http://www.ReadyPlanSave.com/VivaItalia to find delicious Italian recipes for any skill level.
Now guess what y’all we have one more thing to cover!
10.00 Pay Pal Cash Giveaway
One lucky winner will receive $10.00 in PayPal cash, giveaway runs February 22- March 2nd, 2016, be sure to read all the giveaway details below to be entered in my PayPal Cash giveaway.
- Visit www.ReadyPlanSave.com/VivaItalia and tell me which recipe you would like to try or which recipe you would like to make.
- Leave a comment on my blog with your first name, the recipe name, and a valid email address to be notified should you win the 10.00 PayPal Cash giveaway.
- The Giveaway winner will be notified by email and announced after contact has been made.
- You must have a registered PayPal Account if chosen as the Giveaway winner.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2016-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.