This delicious #Gameday Old El Paso Loaded Shrimp & Avocado Tacos is made with delicious Old El Paso Seasoned shrimp made with the Old El Paso Soft Taco Dinner Kit, black beans, juicy grape tomatoes, sweet bell peppers, red onions, green romaine lettuce, jalapeño peppers, shredded cheese, topped with your favorite toppings and fresh Guacamole made with Mexican Avocados from Publix.
There’s nothing like a Game Day filled with great food and awesome friends; my husband and I love celebrating #gameday with friends. Our gameday always includes our favorites go to recipes made with Old El Paso.I love that our local Publix carries all the ingredients we need to host a fabulous Game Day party. I dropped by the fresh produce section to pick out a few Mexican Avocados to make one of the guys favorite recipes; my Old El Paso Loaded Shrimp & Avocado Tacos. These guys just go crazy over them.
Quick food fact: Did you know avocados are so popular at parties and get-together that people in the United States eat more than 1.3 billion pounds of avocados per year? That’s some serious Mexican Avocado love!The Old El Paso Dinner kits come with everything you need to make fantastic meals for the family. I love both the Hard & Soft Dinner Kit; Each of the Old El Paso kits has my favorite crunchy corn Tacos and tasty soft tortillas, plus their yummy Taco Seasoning Mix and Taco Sauce so you can create that requested Game Day Mexican fiesta. All you have to do is add meat and your all your favorite fresh toppings.
Right now Publix has some great deals going on so don’t forget to download your Publix digital coupons and you can be sure to take advantage of the offers listed below so you can save money on your Game Day Mexican Fiesta Supplies.
- $1 .00 off when you buy 3 Old El Paso item through an online coupon on the campaign landing page available till the end of January.
- In-store BOGO offer on Old El Paso Dinner Kits 2/4/16 – 2/10/16
- In-store offer for 25% off components such as seasoning, beans, etc.
Old El Paso Loaded Shrimp Tacos fly off our table when we make them for Gameday so we’ve starting doubling the recipe this year. Plus I will be making a fabulous Guacamole with Old El Paso Guacamole seasoning to top them.
OLD EL PASO LOADED SHRIMP & AVOCADO TACOS
- 2 and 1/2 pounds shrimp, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 package of Old El Paso Taco seasoning
- 2 large ripe Mexican avocados diced
- 1/2 cup of rinsed black beans
- 1 jalapeño peppers, minced
- 1/4 cup red pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 2 limes
- a dash of cumin
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Old El Paso Soft Taco Dinner Kit
- 2-3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup of freshly shredded cheese of your choice
- 2 sliced jalapeño peppers, optional topping
- grape tomatoes halved, optional topping
- sliced limes, optional garnish
- Sour cream
- Old El Paso Salsa
- Guacamole made with Mexican Avocados
- Remove shells from shrimp, clean and remove the vein that runs up the back of each shrimp.
- In a large glass bowl place clean shrimp, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and 1 package of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning lightly toss till the shrimp are evenly coated with oil and seasoning.
- Let shrimp and marinade set for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Add rinsed black beans to a glass bowl.
- Mice jalapeño peppers, red pepper, and red onion and place in a bowl with the black beans.
- Slice 3 green onions, then chop 3 tablespoons of cilantro and add ingredients to the glass bowl with the peppers and black beans.
- Zest 1 lime and then juice 2 limes. Add lime zest, as well as the juice of two limes, a dash of cumin, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to the bowl and lightly toss to join all ingredients,
- Heat grill or a grill pan with lines to medium-high heat.
- Drain of excess marinade
- Carefully place the shrimp on the grill cooking or a grill pan for about 2 minutes on each side, or till shrimp turns white.
- Remove from grill and place on a plate.
- Lightly grill the Old El Paso soft tortillas from the meal kit for about 20 seconds on each side, place on a plate till ready to assemble.
- Dice the Mexican avocados; be sure to sprinkle with a bit of lime juice to keep the color looking fresh.
- Assemble Old El Paso Loaded Shrimp & Avocado Tacos by placing corn tortilla down, lettuce, grilled shrimp, adding salsa mixture that you have reserved, top with favorite cheese, grape tomato halves, jalapeño slices, and lime wedges and diced Mexican Avocados.
- Serve immediately
$10.00 GIVEAWAY ON THE BLOG-
I’m going to choose 1 lucky winner from the readers who will receive $10 in Pay Pal cash. The blog giveaway will be open from January 16 Th, 2016 and will close on February 7 Th, 2016. Be sure to follow the requirements listed below to be considered.
- The $10.00 Pay Pal giveaway is open to those who have a Pay Pal account. If you do not have one you will need to register with Pay Pal before receiving your $10.00 prize.
- Please leave me a comment below in the comment section about which of the Old El Paso Meal kits your family enjoys the most and if you have ever tried Mexican Avocados.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.