Homemade Pizza Sauce and Pizza Bagels are a perfectly quick way to have a delicious Pizza snack or lunch for the kids or even adults, ready in no time flat. This delightful Homemade pizza sauce can be frozen or canned if desired for future Pizzas or snacks for your family or friends. It is made with organic tomato products and Italian spices to make it a healthy and delicious recipe to enjoy with your family anytime.
Who doesn’t enjoy a good Homemade Pizza Sauce that you can toss in your freezer for a rainy day? Actually, in my case, a “lazy” day, I don’t feel like dealing with dinner. Yes, I know a recipe blogger that finally admits they don’t want to cook 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I indeed admit it. I need a break some days from all the cooking, cleaning I do so believe it or not, I have been known to make a trip to my local bakery for bagels, french bread, or bread dough to make a pizza in my cast iron skillet with this deliciously simple Homemade Pizza Sauce.
The good news is I already have the hubby, Mr. McCallum, on high alert he’s having Pizza Bagels for dinner; he’s actually in his glory because Mr. McCallum prefers simple foods like Pizza, Panini, Sandwiches, or just meat and potatoes. We are so day and night in the food preferences department these days. I’m sure Y’all know how hard it is to figure them out sometimes.
These Pizza Bagels are for the McCallum adults tonight, so I am adding fresh organic spinach, deli pepperoni, crimini mushrooms, mildly hot peppers, and lots of our favorite gooey cheese to make the perfect lazy night dinner we pair it with a crisp cold Italian-Style Salad.
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves finely minced
1-28-ounce can of organic tomato purée
1-4-ounce can of organic tomato paste
1/2 of a cup of water
1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
1/2 of a tablespoon of fresh chopped oregano
1/2 teaspoons of fresh marjoram
1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
a pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
kosher salt to own taste
freshly ground black pepper
6 plain bakery fresh bagels halved
8-0unces of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup of organic chopped fresh spinach leaves
4 large crimini mushrooms thinly sliced
4-ounces of deli sliced pepperoni
1/4 of a cup mild pepper rings
Homemade Pizza Sauce and Pizza Bagels
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1-28- ounce can organic of tomato purée
- 1-4 ounce can of organic tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped marjoram
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped Rosemary
- 1 pinch red hot pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 plain bagels, split
- 8 ounces freshly shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup chopped organic spinach
- 4 large cremini mushrooms sliced
- 4-6 ounces deli sliced pepperoni
- ¼ cup mild pepper rings or hot
- Add olive oil to a saucepan over medium heat to warm; then add minced garlic.
- Next, add 1-28-ounce can of organic tomato purée, 1- 4-ounce- can of organic tomato paste, and 1/2 cup of water to saucepan; stir till joined.
- Add dried basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, and red pepper flakes, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper to the pizza sauce; reduce heat to low and simmer on low for about 30 minutes frequently stirring.
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees F
- Place bagels on a baker’s rack inserted in a large baking sheet. Top the bakery fresh bagels with Homemade Pizza Sauce, the toppings, and cheese from above or your own combination of toppings.
- Bake at 420 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2020- 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.