It’s a New Year, and I have made a resolution to finally put my foot down in 2016 with one of my worst habits; I have a terrible habit of skipping lunch at work, coming home raiding the pantry, and then doing the walk of shame later because I have managed to stuff the unthinkable in my mouth yet one again. Sigh, you would think an ex-manger of a weight loss company would know better. I know, I need to eat to lose my holiday pudge. I plan on making my #ProgresswithProgresso
5 Reasons You Need to Eat to Lose
- Eating more ramps up your metabolism – When you go on a diet and start eating less, your brain sends a signal to your body that you’re in starvation mode. The body responds as it would if you’re in a famine and stores fat.
- Eating more allows you to build lean muscle mass which helps burn fat. Our muscles are metabolically active tissue, which means they burn energy just to support themselves. So feed your muscles!
- Eating more gives your body the fuel it requires to exercise – When we diet and eat less, we just don’t have the energy it takes to exercise properly. That’s why eating more will give you the fuel you need to work-out and add lean muscle mass.
- Eating more makes you feel full – Most of us can stay on a fad diet for a few weeks or maybe even a month, but we eventually give in to cravings and then comes the strong urge to binge eat; because we are downright starving! When you eat regularly throughout the day, you get a slow, steady burn effect from the food and have less of an urge to binge on your favorite foods.
- Eating more provides the nutrients your body needs – Eat lots of vegetables, fruits, and lean proteins.These foods are packed with nutrients so you actually feel full and your body has everything it needs to be healthy.
My first step in eating to lose; was to find a work day lunch item that was lower in calories and inexpensive, yet I could toss it in my bag without worrying about weighing, measuring, slicing, chopping, cutting, packing, or remotely being bothered worrying much about the process of making lunch.
I decided to fall back on a favorite brand from my childhood; Progresso I know you’re all familiar with this brand it’s been around for years. It was that go to lunch menu item I was harping about, absolutely NO weighing, measuring, chopping, cutting, packing or remotely being bothered worrying much about the process of making lunch.
Right now Publix has a coupon you save $1.00 when you buy 4 Progresso Soups so be sure to grab an online coupon to help get you started on eating to lose that holiday weight. There are so many ways to make progress with Progresso! Help meet your New Year’s goals when you stock up at Publix on over 10 Light kinds of soup, all 100 calories or less per serving! #ProgresswithProgresso
My first day back to work after the long holidays I decided to pack Progresso Light Chicken and Dumpling soup. I’m a Southern girl and this will be perfect for all my dumpling cravings I get. Yeah, Southern comfort food is my big downfall.
Progresso Light Chicken and Dumpling Soup is only about 80 calories per serving and loaded with my favorite goodies like chicken broth, carrots, tiny dumplings, celery, cooked white chicken meat, green beans, and spices.
Day two I decided to toss Progresso Light Savory Beef and Vegetable in my bag for a comforting taste of beef and barley to feed my beef lover craving. Did I mention how easy this is? I don’t even need a can opener with those little pop tops!
Progresso Light Savory Beef and Vegetable is another tasty 80 calorie choice I found at Publix that contains some of my favorite ingredients like beef, carrots, tomatoes, barley, green beans, and celery.
Day three I decide on a nice creamy Light New England Claim Chowder to satisfy my belly at lunchtime; I have to tell you it really hit the spot that day since I was craving a warm comforting creamy soup that chilly day.
Progresso Light New England Claim Chowder Has only 100 little calories can you believe that something so creamy and filling has only 100 calories? I was loving life that day at work on my lunch! I think I have found away to get my lunch in!
Day four the last day of my work week; I was ready for a little more beef and vegetables to sooth my beef cravings and decided on Progresso Light Beef Pot Roast. I am amazed how easy this lunch has become with my go-to grab and go menu items .
Progresso Light Beef Pot Roast is another 80 calorie lunchtime choice that’s packed with filling ingredients, beef, beef broth,cCarrots, tomatoes, potatoes, celery, green beans. and corn.Well, I made it four days into eating lunch which is amazing!
15.00 Pay Pal Cash Giveaway #ProgresswithProgresso
I’d love to hear what you think of Progresso Light Soups and which of the Progresso Light Soups you would love to try first to start #ProgresswithProgresso! Leave me a comment in the comment section letting me know and you can be entered into my $15 Paypal Cash Giveaway!
The Blog giveaway will run from 1/8/2016 to 1/25/2016. A winner will be selected randomly and notified via a reply comment. Be sure to leave your email address in your comment to make it easier for me to contact you if you win!
Don’t forget Publix has a coupon you save $1.00 when you buy 4 Progresso Soups so be sure to grab an online coupon to help get you started on eating to lose that holiday weight. There are a ton of flavors to choose from to keep you from getting bored #ProgresswithProgresso
Disclosure: The information, products, and Giveaway were provided by General Mills through Linqia.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch,2015-2014*2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.