Simple Fudge Brownies with Pomegranate Jewels are the festive yet so easy to make treat; you’ll almost be afraid to call it a recipe.g Made from my favorite boxed brownie mix, premade cream cheese icing, Pomegranate seeds, and fresh mint from the herb garden. It’ll have you in and out of your kitchen in no time flat.
The Holidays are a struggle for so many of us; wrapping presents, making casseroles for your company, shopping for forgotten gifts, biting your tongue around the she-devil sisters-in-law. Yep, we have all had that feeling of a serious Christmas meltdown was about to happen.
I love the holidays and enjoy celebrating the special festivities, what I don’t love is the stress that emulates off others. So do yourself a favor, slow down, breath, and know you don’t have to have holiday perfection; just enjoyable holiday functionality.
It’s nice to make those show stopper homemade confections and have everyone gasp at their sheer perfection, this I know. How about if I told you that you can still impress friends and family without making everything from scratch? That’s right, be creative and don not be afraid of a few box mixes.
That’s what I did for a Christmas Party this week, I grabbed a box of my all-time favorite brownie mix, premade cream cheese icing, and a few pomegranates from the market, and fresh mint from my herb garden and made something cute and by the way; very delicious. Let me tell you I was in and out of that kitchen in record time with beautiful festive brownies for my pasty!
Simple Fudge Brownies with Pomegranate Jewels
- 1 box of your favorite brownie box mix
- 1/2 of a cup miniature dark chocolate morsels
- parchment paper
- cooking spray
- 1 container of favorite brand cream cheese icing
- 1 Pomegranate seeds removed
- fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Following the instructions on the back of your favorite brownie mix box, add oil, eggs, and water. Mix according to package instructions.
- Fold in miniature dark chocolate morsels.
- Prepare a baking dish of your choice by lining it with a sheet of parchment paper, be sure to have a few inches hanging over each side to make for easy removal from baking dish, spray the baking dish thoroughly with cooking spray.
- Place brownie mixture into lined baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees recommended time on package for your baking dish size.
- Test brownies by inserting a toothpick in center of the baking dish. The toothpick should come out dry with maybe 1 small crumb attached for proper doneness.
- Remove from oven and let completely cool before removing from baking dish.
- Once the pan is completely cool, simply remove brownies by grabbing the edges of the parchment paper and lifting from bakeware.
- Place brownies on a cutting board, ice the brownies with cream cheese icing before cutting into the desired size.
- Cut brownies to the desired size, before adding pomegranate seeds.
- Decorate the brownies with the pomegranate seeds, garnish with a sprig of mint.
- Happy Holidays enjoy!
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2018-13Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.