Deliciously baked, not fried tangy Baked BBQ’d Chipotle Lime Wings are as simple as 1-2-3, budget-friendly and perfect for your next Sunday game day. Combining Deli rolls, brown eggs, and fresh salsa for a delicious, healthy, filling morning meal for on the run parents and children who need a nutritious start to their day.
I love to munch on the neighborhood bar and pub chicken wings, however, I refuse to pay almost 12 bucks or more for them to bring me so-so luke-warm tasting fried chicken wings. I mean seriously? 12 bucks? Forget about it! I can go to Publix or any local market for that fact and buy 3 pounds of chicken wings for 10-12 dollars depending on the sales ad, running that week.
The best thing about making your chicken wings, besides saving yourself a ton of cash; is knowing some glazed-over guy in a bar won’t be manhandling your chicken wings, then dropping them all over the floor before dumping them in a vat of fat…yeah, I said a “Vat of FAT” Making your delicious chicken wings won’t need rocket science or any special mojo on your behalf I promise.
Baked BBQ Chipotle Lime Wings are so simple you just season them and bake them for about 45 minutes in a 350-degree oven, then toss the baked crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside chicken wings in the Honey chipotle bbq sauce, lime juice, lime zest, and serve with lime wedges. It’s just that easy to make.
Ingredients needed to make Baked BBQ’d Chipotle Lime Wings
Five pounds of whole chicken wings, tips removed
Two tablespoons of olive oil
1/4 of a teaspoon of onion powder or to own taste
1/8 of a teaspoon of cumin or to own taste
1/8 of a teaspoon of garlic powder to own taste
ground cayenne pepper to own taste
Kosher salt to own taste
freshly cracked peppercorns to your taste
Two cups of Honey Chipotle Bbq Sauce
zest of two limes
juice of two limes
several lime wedges to serve
Baked BBQ’d Chipotle Lime Wings
- 5 pounds Whole chicken wings tips of wings removed
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon Onion powder or to own taste
- ⅛ teaspoon Cumin or to own taste
- ⅙ teaspoon Garlic powder to own taste
- Ground cayenne pepper to own taste
- Kosher salt to own taste
- Freshly cracked peppercorns to your own taste
- 2 cups Honey Chipotle Bbq Sauce
- Zest of two limes
- Juice of two limes
- Several lime wedges to serve
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Remove the tips from the chicken wings.
- Set a wire baking rack inside each of 2 large baking sheets.
- Divide wings between prepared metal baking racks and spread the chicken wings out in a single layer.
- In a medium, to large non-reactive bowl add, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, onion powder, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, kosher salt, and freshly ground peppercorns to your own taste. Place wings in the non-reactive bowl and toss to coat the seasoning mixture evenly.
- Place wings in a prepared metal baking pan and bake the wings until cooked through and the skin on the chicken wings is crispy and lightly browned to a golden brown, about 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine Honey Chipotle Bbq Sauce, zest of two limes, and juice of two limes in a bowl.
- After about 50 minutes have passed, remove the chicken wings from oven, place batches of chicken wings in a large bowl, add portions of sauce equal to batches of chicken wings, and toss the chicken wings in the Honey Chipotle Bbq Sauce to thoroughly the to coat the chicken wings.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges as a garnish.