AmberBock Beer Chili with Beans; is a delicious, hearty, comforting combination of AmberBock Beer, extra-lean ground beef, quality ground pork, red peppers, yellow peppers, diced tomatoes with green chiles, crushed tomatoes, light red kidney beans, red beans, minced garlic, and special spices to get your Tailgate Party or casual dinner kicked off.
It’s that time of year again; Fall will be slowly rolling in, Football will fast become the talk of every town come this September 10th, 2015 when the Steelers Vs The Patriots game starts, and we are suddenly looking for those Fallish, Football, fix it and forget it for a few hours meals.
So that means it’s time for two things; Pumpkin Everything and Tailgating food! I have a little hint; we aren’t making Pumpkin Anything today friends, just delicious, hearty, comforting AmberBock Beer Chili with Beans. It’s perfect for this time of year.
AmberBock Beer Chili with Beans
- 2 tablespoons authentic olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper diced
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3 tablespoons ground chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- dash of cayenne pepper
- kosher salt, to own taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to own taste
- One 4-ounce can tomato paste
- One 12-ounce Amberbock beer
- 28-ounces diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 large can or 28-ounces of crushed tomatoes
- One 15-ounce can of light red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- One 15-ounce can red beans, drained and rinsed
- Shredded Colby-Jack Cheese
- Sour cream
- tortilla strips
- Chopped green onions
- Add the authentic olive oil to a large Dutch or saucepan oven over medium heat. Once the olive oil is hot, add the onions and peppers and sauté them, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes. Stir in the extra-lean ground beef and ground pork, breaking it up slightly, and cook until browned, about 6-7 minutes.
- Drain the beef mixture thoroughly. Add the meat mixture back to the Dutch oven or saucepan and stir in the chili powder, cumin, oregano, kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and a dash of cayenne. Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir the Amberbock Beer into the seasoned beef and ground pork mixture. Add the tomato paste and stir up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Bring to a slight simmer, and then add the diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, light red kidney beans and red beans.
- Simmer on medium-low for 1 hour add 45 minutes to 2 hours, stirring the AmberBock Beer chili every so often to prevent it from sticking to the pans surface.
- Ladle into a serving bowl of choice.
- Garnish the AmberBock Beer Chili with Beans with shredded cheese, avocado, sour cream, tortilla strips, and chopped green onions before serving.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.