Creamy Lemon Chicken Cutlets with Fettuccine is so simple and easy to make with a fresh-tasting combination of Chicken Cutlets, heavy cream, freshly squeezed lemon juice, a Ramano-Parmesan cheese blend, lemon zest, and capers, plated with creamy fettuccine pasta for the perfect goodbye to summer.
I am always amazed at what you can come up with just a few ingredients on hand, I love the challenge of creating a new dish in a moments notice. Today is technically my normal shopping day, yet I just have far too many other things to do to be running to all my favorite fresh markets and produce stands.
So as I am going through my cabinets trying to make dinner without having to leave my comfortable home I notice I have on hand a few ingredients that would make the perfect pasta dish for the end of summer. Chicken, heavy cream, lemons, deli Ramano-Parmesan cheese, capers, fettuccine pasta and fresh basil…Challenge accepted!
One of my many favorite recipes my grandmother Josie makes; is her Chicken Piccata, another favorite is her Lemon alfredo sauce. What if I joined my two favorite recipes with the ingredients I have on hand?…Mission accomplished below.
Creamy Lemon Chicken Cutlets with Fettuccine
- 3 whole boneless, skinless free-range chicken breasts
- Kosher salt to own taste
- freshly ground black pepper to own taste
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour, to dredge chicken
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 and 1/4 of a cup of heavy cream
- 1-ounce of dry white wine
- juice of 3 lemons
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/4 cup of freshly grated deli Ramano – Parmesan blended cheese
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/4 of a cup capers
- 12- ounces of dry fettuccine pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 sliced thinly sliced lemon, for garnish, optional
- Fresh basil for garnish, optional
- Butterfly the boneless, skinless, free-range chicken breasts, then cut them in half.
- Season chicken with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Dredge chicken in all-purpose flour and shake off excess flour.
- Place an extra-large metal skillet over medium-high heat, melt 3 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil, heat the butter and oil till it just begins to lightly sizzle, add the dredged chicken and cook for 4 minutes or till lightly browned, flip the chicken and cook on the other side for 4 minutes or till lightly browned.
- Remove and transfer to a plate that has a layer of paper towels, to absorb any additional oil.
- Meanwhile, cook the dry fettuccine pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente; tender yet still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally. Drain the fettuccine pasta.
- Place stir 1 cup of heavy cream, dry white wine, and the juice of 3 lemons in a heavy large metal skillet and blend together.
- Add the 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter and cook over medium heat just until the butter melts, stirring occasionally about 3 minutes. Add the Ramano-Parmesan cheese to the cream sauce in skillet. Add the lemon zest, capers, may add additional salt and pepper at this time if desired.
- Reserve some of the cream sauce for the chicken cutlets if desired.
- Toss the cooked pasta with sauce mixture over low heat until the sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat.
- Place pasta on a serving plate, place 1-2 chicken cutlets on the same serving plate, drizzle with a bit of sauce if desired. May add additional capers to the top with a few slices of fresh lemon.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.