Kentucky Bourbon Steak Bites with Mushrooms and Onions is deliciously easy to make. Who doesn’t love a thick juicy strip steak this time of the year? Now add some favorites like sweet Vidalia onions, Cremini mushrooms, with a killer easy to make Kentucky Bourbon sauce, all cooked in the same cast-iron skillet; to throw your taste buds over the edge at dinner time.
This Kentucky Bourbon Steak Bites with Mushrooms and Onions is a fantastic dish to serve for a casual date night dinner or even to special guests alike. It’s so simple to make it’s done with-in about 20 minutes’ time all in the same cast-iron skillet. How awesome is that to have such a wonderful dish with little to no clean-up time that tastes Phenomenal?
Some of you may be wondering, “What is a cremini mushroom?”
A cremini mushroom is a dark brown, slightly firmer version of the white mushroom. Cremini mushrooms tend to have a slightly fuller flavor than their white relatives. They will have a smoothly rounded cap that ranges in size from ½ to 2 inches in diameter. The Portobello mushroom is the fully mature form of this mushroom. The cremini mushroom may also be called common brown mushroom and Roman mushroom.
Others may be wondering, “What is Kentucky Bourbon?”
Bourbon whiskey is a type of American whiskey: a barrel-aged distilled spirit made primarily from corn. The name is ultimately derived from the French Bourbon dynasty, although it is disputed whether Bourbon County in Kentucky or Bourbon Street in New Orléans inspired the whiskey’s name.
I enjoy good smooth Kentucky Bourbon and tend to have it on hand in our wet bar for special occasions and guests. I love using it in my recipes for steak and pork.; it lends such a smooth wonderful flavor to steaks and pork.
5 Great Bourbons to use in your recipe:
Colonel E.H. Taylor
Makers Mark Private Stock
Jim Beam Double Oak
Old Forester Prohibition Style
Bulleit Cask Strength
Below you will find my super easy to make one cast-iron skillet recipe for Kentucky Bourbon Steak Bites with Mushrooms and Onions perfect for any casual date night or making for your special friends stopping over.
Kentucky Bourbon Steak Bites with Mushrooms and Onions
2- 12-ounce strip steaks
course steak seasoning, to own taste
1 tablespoon of coconut oil +more
2 ounces of Kentucky Bourbon (divided)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1 pint of cremini mushrooms
1 large Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
Kosher salt, to own taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to own taste
Kentucky Bourbon Steak Bites
- 2- 12- ounce strip steaks
- course steak seasoning to own taste
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil +more
- 2 ounces of Kentucky Bourbon divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pint of cremini mushrooms
- 1 large Vidalia onion thinly sliced
- Kosher salt to own taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to own taste
- Cut strip steaks into bite-sized pieces and place in a Ziploc bag large enough to hold steak-bites. Add 1-ounce of the bourbon and season with course steak seasoning to your own taste. Marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat
- Remove steak-bites from the marinade.
- Add 1/2 of a tablespoon of coconut oil to a large cast iron skillet; let the coconut oil melt.
- Place bite-size strip steaks in the preheated large cast iron skillet, cook on medium-high for about 3-4 minutes before flipping bite-sized steak-bites; cook the other side on medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes depending on your preferred doneness of the steak.
- Remove steak-bite and place on a clean platter until needed to rest.
- Reduce the heat under the cast iron skillet to medium-low heat, add the remaining Kentucky Bourbon to cast iron skillet, let slightly reduce by cooking about 2 minutes, add the unsalted butter, and Worcestershire sauce, continuously stirring, until the sauce has reduced slightly.
- Add 1 thinly sliced large onion, as well as 1 pint of whole cremini mushrooms, season with kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Cook for about 4-5 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Remove cast iron skillet from the heat; add the steak-bites to the cast iron skillet with the mushrooms and coat in the Bourbon sauce.
- Serve immediately with the desired side dish.
Don’t forget to use the Pin and Print options to save!