Cream Cheese Sprinkle Cookies are so easy, super soft, and most of all delicious to eat all year-long. Combining simple ingredients of cream cheese, unsalted butter, and white cake mix with vanilla and 1 egg, cover with strawberry cream cheese icing to create the best darn cookie around!
I wish my weather here had been a bit more cooperative today for my photos, it’s my 43rd Birthday so of course, it’s all doom, gloom, rain, and dark ominous clouds outside. I was hoping for sunshine and rainbows today! It seems my husband being his usual disconnected man self is too preoccupied with himself this June 2nd to do any sort of celebration for his wife. I bet his Birthday will be fun this year huh? HA!
I decided to make my own day a little more cheerful, by baking up some delicious soft Cream Cheese Sprinkle cookies. I had picked up a few cake mixes on sale awhile back and used one for my simple and easy Memorial Day Bundt Cake, so I had one more in the pantry to use up and decided to make some of my favorite cookies to share with you on my Birthday.
Below you will find my simple recipe with easy to follow instructions to make these delicious cookies for your loved ones and friends any time of the year you want super soft cake cookies with delicious cream cheese and strawberry icing.
Cream Cheese Sprinkle Cookies
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup of unsalted butter softened
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 container cream cheese icing
- 4 medium strawberries minced.
- colorful sprinkles
- Beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl add white cake mix, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt, stir to mix all dry ingredients.
- Mix in 1/2 of the dry ingredients, an egg, and the vanilla into cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Stir in remaining dry ingredients.
- Roll in a ball and cover with plastic wrap, place in the refrigerator 1 hour
- Drop by a tablespoon on an ungreased non-stick metal cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-11 minutes do not brown.
- Remove from oven and place on a heat-resistant area to cool before icing and adding sprinkles.
- In a small bowl combine room temperature icing and minced strawberries, stirring till strawberries start breaking down and making the icing a pink color. Icing will be a thinner texture, it should not be runny, though.
- Once cookies have cooled completely, ice with strawberry cream cheese icing and add the sprinkles.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2014-15. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.