Tuna and Macaroni Salad is a simple, fresh tasting and a budget-friendly recipe we have made over the years in my household. Solid white albacore tuna, al dente macaroni, hard boiled egg whites, diced red onions, fresh parsley, sliced dill gherkins pickles, mayonnaise and a hint of freshly squeezed lemon juice make this Summer salad a winning combination for your next cookout.
As a small child, I loved my mom’s Southern-Style Tuna and Macaroni Salad to a point of no return and then back again. Yes, that’s a lot of loving, isn’t it? Over the years, I have changed her recipe slightly and it has become more delicious than ever to me.
I also love that this recipe is so budget friendly and seems to hit it off well with our BBQ’s in the Summer with family and friends. The recipe has the most simple ingredients you can find at any local market you and your family shop at with ease. You can feel at ease when shopping for this recipe you won’t be going for broke. As a matter of fact, I bet if you take a peek, you have 98% of them now.
Ingredients needed to make Tuna and Macaroni Salad
- 12-ounces of dry macaroni pasta cooked al dente
- 2 hard-boiled eggs whites only diced
- 3 cans of solid white albacore tuna drained
- 1 small red onion diced
- 8 Dill gherkins pickle sliced
- 1/4 of a cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 and 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- juice of 1 fresh lemon
- Kosher salt to own taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to own taste
- 12 ounces Dry macaroni pasta cooked al dente
- 2 large Hard-boiled eggs whites only diced
- 3 cans Solid white albacore tuna drained
- 1 small Red onion diced
- 8 Baby Dill gherkins pickle sliced
- ½ cup Fresh parsley chopped
- 1½ Cups Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- Kosher salt, to own taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to own taste
Cook 12 ounces of dry macaroni noodles according to package directions for al dente method.Meanwhile, in a small saucepan filled with water, cook 2 eggs till hard boiled. Remove the eggs from the pan, let cool. Once the eggs are done cooling off, peel the eggs and dice.
Drain 3 can of solid white albacore tuna. Dice 1 small red onion. Slice 8 dill gherkins pickles.
Place diced hardboiled eggs, 3 cans of solid white albacore tuna, diced red onion and dill gherkins pickles in a large glass bowl or a deep serving dish.
Drain macaroni and rinse lightly in cold water.
Add macaroni to the rest of the ingredients from above, mayonnaise, whole grain mustard, freshly squeezed lemon juice, kosher salt, and fresh ground black pepper to own taste.
Combine all ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Save the recipe by using the Pin and Print Options!