Shrimp Blueberry Salad with Goat’s Cheese & Balsamic is a healthy bright salad to dress up any light luncheon or serve on the side for a spectacular addition to your dinner. A deliciously colorful salad combining spicy succulent shrimp, juicy blueberries, creamy avocados, ripe plum tomatoes, goat’s cheese and a homemade balsamic berry and mint salad dressing.
Here and there I really enjoy a great healthy colorful salad for lunch or heck even as an addition to my date night dinners with Mr. McCallum. Just like your marriage you have to keep your salads fresh and attractive to that Mr. or they get easily bored.
Mr. McCallum and I both love a good quality goat’s cheese, however, those avocados in Shrimp Blueberry with Goat’s cheese salad are not exactly his best friend, though, I guess they aren’t his worst enemy either. Let’s just say marriage is a give and take, and he makes exceptions for me at times.
Below you will find a great way to help make a few memories of date night or that special occasion meal that you need a really great salad for this summer. The ingredients should all be organic, fresh, ripe, and super easy to find in your area this time of year.
Shrimp Blueberry Salad with Goat’s Cheese
- 1 pound fresh raw shrimp, shells removed, deveined
- 1 tablespoon of authentic olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of real unsalted butter
- juice of one lime
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of Cajun seasoning
- 3 cups of clean baby spinach
- 3 cups clean red or green romaine lettuce
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 plum tomatoes sliced
- 2 has avocados diced
- juice of 1/2 lime or lemon
- 1 small red salad onion thinly sliced
- 4 – 6 ounces of goat’s cheese
- 1 recipe for Blackberry Mint Balsamic
- Clean all shrimp by removing the shells and deveining the shrimp.
- Place 1 pound of fresh raw shrimp in a glass dish, add 1 tablespoon of authentic olive oil, juice of 1 lime, and 1/2 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning. Lightly toss shrimp to evenly coat shrimp. Let rest 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a metal skillet on medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter to the metal skillet, once melted place the 1 pound of fresh raw shrimp in the metal skillet. Cook about 4 minutes or till shrimp turn white and are completely done.
- Remove skillet from the heat source, then places shrimp on a plate till you are ready for them.
- In a large salad serving bowl or dish place 3 cups of clean baby spinach leaves, 3 cups of bite-sized clean romaine lettuce leaves, 1 cup of fresh blueberries, sliced plum tomatoes.
- Dice two Hass avocados, place in small bowl, sprinkle juice of 1/2 of a lime or lemon, lightly toss.
- Add diced Hass avocados to the salad, and thinly sliced red salad onions, toss salad lightly, careful not to break berries or diced avocados.
- Add the 1 pound of cooked shrimp to the top of salad.
- Slice 4-6 ounces of goat’s cheese to add to the top of salad
- Do not add salad dressing till ready to serve.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2014-15. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.