Memorial Day Bundt cake is so simple and easy to make for your Memorial Day celebration remembering those special loved ones and dedicated military men and women. The red fresh strawberries, blue color of the juicy blueberries and simply white glazed white cake will be a big hit with everyone attending your Memorial Day Celebration.
I am so proud of our families military affiliation that runs over 4 generations deep on my father’s side of the family. I always make sure that we do a little something special to remember our loved ones military affiliated. My Memorial day Bundt cake is just one of them. I love how simple and easy it is to create such a cute little Memorial Day dessert.
While Memorial Day is designed to remember our fallen soldiers, it is also a time for us to remember those who made it home safely to their families as well. Our family has been uniquely blessed to span several wars and have our loved ones return safely to us.
Normally, I would make this cake from scratch, however, this year I decided to take one of my lazy blogger breaks on this cake using a Duncan Hines classic white cake mix and Duncan Hines cream cheese icing and share how-to make life easy when celebrating with a patriotic dessert with little or no time.
All of the ingredients are super easy to find in your local grocery store and fresh vegetable market. The key to the best Memorial Day Bundt Cake is super fresh berries and fresh eggs. The instructions are so simple you can whip this up in no time flat.
Happy Memorial Day Weekend Friends!
Memorial Day Bundt Cake
- 1 box of Duncan Hines classic white cake mix
- a pinch of salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 pint of fresh organic blueberries
- 1 quart of fresh organic strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour, to coat berries
- 1 container of Duncan Hines Cream Cheese Icing
- cooking spray, optional
- fresh mint to garnish
Directions and assembly
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Spray bundt pans evenly with a little cooking spray, dust with a bit of flour.
- Dice up about 6-7 large strawberries, place in a glass bowl, add 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour to the glass bowl and toss berries to evenly coat them.
- In a large glass mixing bowl add cake mix, a pinch of salt, zest of 1 lemon, 1 /2 of a teaspoon of pure vanilla, 1 cup of water. 1/4 cup of oil, and 3 large egg whites.
- Add lightly coated, diced strawberries to cake batter, and gently stir the strawberries and white cake batter with a wooden spoon to evenly mix.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 33-36 minutes or a toothpick inserted in center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely before decorating.
- Slice rest of strawberries in half.
- Place 90% of the container of cream cheese icing in a small glass bowl, reserve the 10%, place the 90% portion in the microwave for about 45 seconds to 1 minute. Stir icing, icing should be a glaze consistency if not microwave 10 seconds more and stir–repeat if necessary.
- Drizzle icing over your bundt cake, letting it flow over the sides evenly, using halved strawberries decorate the sides by strategically placing with about 1 inch of space between strawberries while icing is still sticky.
- In the 1-inch spaces dip blueberry bottoms in reserved cream cheese icing, careful to only get the bottom side of berry, adhere berries in the spaces towards the bottom of the cake completely around the white cake.
- May place leftover strawberries and blueberries in center of the cake to decorate and top slices of cake.
- Serve cake with more berries and a sprig of fresh mint.