Linguine with Shrimp Spinach and Goats Cheese has all the freshest summer ingredients, yet it is as easy as 1-2-3 to make for your family. It takes less than 30 minutes literally from start to finish. Combining a winning ingredients list of al dente linguine, fresh shrimp, minced garlic, grape tomatoes, and fresh spinach with goat’s cheese.
Sometimes we all need that Easy Button within our reach in our kitchens on those crazy, hectic days. This recipe for Linguine with Shrimp Spinach & Goats Cheese is one of the recipes you’ll find that comes together even when you are ready to pull your hair out because you can’t seem to catch up around dinner time.
Today was one of the hectic days that I worked till almost 10 pm, and dinner was not going to be an option at 10 pm, so I decided to whip up one of my simple pasta recipes to take along with me so I wouldn’t be chowing down on dinner at midnight. Or, stop at one of the local fast-food joints that surround my workplace.
I am one of the few people I know that would rather starve than eat at the local burger joints or Toxic Hell. I know so many people enjoy getting their fast food cravings satisfied. I’m just not one of those folks. I love real home-cooked meals with fresh organic, natural ingredients without preservatives or fillers added.
Below you will find my simple recipe for Linguine with Shrimp Spinach & Goats Cheese that has saved me from a mental meltdown at dinnertime on several occasions. The ingredients are simple to find at your local market, and clean-up is a cinch.
Linguine with Shrimp Spinach and Goats Cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 pounds fresh large shrimp, uncooked, shelled, and deveined
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes halved
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 pound of Linguine noodles, cooked al dente
- 4 ounces of goat’s cheese for serving
Linguine with Shrimp Spinach & Goats Cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon organic olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds fresh large shrimp cleaned
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes +more
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- kosher salt to own taste
- freshly ground pepper to own taste
- 1 pint organic grape tomatoes halved
- 3 cups fresh organic spinach chopped
- 1 pound organic Linguine noodles cooked al dente
- 4-6 ounces organic goat's cheese
- Heat an extra-large metal skillet to medium heat, add 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter and 1 tablespoon of authentic olive oil to metal skillet, allow butter and oil to come to a medium heat.
- Add 1 and 1/2 pounds of fresh large shrimp that has been shelled and deveined to the unsalted butter and authentic olive oil, then add minced garlic cloves, zest and juice of 1 lemon, 1/4 of a teaspoon of crushed red pepper, 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil, kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to own taste. Cook about 2 minutes, flipping the shrimp at least once.
- Add the 1 pint of grape tomatoes halved to the large metal skillet and cook for 2 minutes, before adding 2 cups of fresh spinach to large metal skillet, toss ingredients till spinach wilts, about 45 seconds or so
- Place 1 pound of al dente cooked linguine in a large pasta bowl and add shrimp and spinach mixture on top of pasta, lightly toss the pasta. Once you have tossed pasta add goats cheese and lightly toss pasta again.
- Serve immediately.
Don’t forget to use the Pin and Print options to save the recipe!