Simple Black Jasmine Rice Salad is the perfect salad for summer when it comes together it has so many appealing textures and outstanding flavors, including mildly nutty organic Black Jasmine rice, fresh organic vegetables such as ripe diced tomatoes, red salad onions, non-GMO corn, spicy jalapeño peppers, garden-grown parsley and cilantro dressed with a simple dressing of lime and freshly squeezed orange juice with a hint of seasoning.
Simple Black Jasmine Rice Salad is one of those super delicious and healthy menu items you will love serving to your family. I can not help but wonder how something so exquisite can be so healthy and guilt-free. The ingredients come together like a happily married couple of 45 years, walking in the park holding hands with smiles on their faces. YES! It’s that damn good!!
Black Jasmine rice, it has a mild but distinct nutty flavor that goes so well with the ingredients in this salad. For years, I have made what I call my “Spanish Simple Rice Salad” with white long-grain rice, which is fine …However, I have drastically changed many of my eating habits to include more beneficial ingredients for my body, mind, and soul—Black Jasmine Rice, one of the beneficial ingredients I love to blend into meals.
Black Jasmine rice is another wonder food that has so many beautiful properties
- It’s high in nutritional value and is a source of iron, vitamin E, and antioxidants even more than in blueberries.
- The outermost layer of black rice contains one of the highest levels of anthocyanin antioxidants found in food.
- The grain has a similar amount of fiber to brown rice, and like brown rice has a mild, nutty taste.
- In China, black rice is claimed to be good for the kidney, stomach, and liver.
- Black rice has a deep black color and usually turns deep purple when cooked. Its dark purple color is primarily due to its anthocyanin content, which is higher by weight than that of other colored grains.
Below you will find my ultra healthy delicious recipe for Simple Black Jasmine Rice Salad with organic fresh vegetables and the rice that will have you and your family wondering why you haven’t been eating it all along.
Simple Black Jasmine Rice Salad
- One cup of organic non-GMO Black Jasmine Rice
- One and 3/4 cups of water
- a pinch of kosher salt
- One and 1/2 cups diced fresh organic tomatoes
- One medium organic red salad onion diced
- Two ears of cooked organic non-Gmo corn, kernels removed
- Two jalapeño peppers, seeded, membranes removed and minced
- 1/2 of a cup chopped organic parsley
- 1/4 of a cup chopped organic cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- One teaspoon of authentic olive oil
- One teaspoon of natural pure honey
- A dash of cumin
- kosher salt, to own taste
- freshly ground pepper, to own taste
- 1 cup of organic non-GMO Black Jasmine Rice
- 1¾ cup water
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1½ cups diced fresh organic tomatoes
- 1 organic red salad onion diced
- 2 ears cooked organic non-Gmo corn kernels removed
- 2 jalapeño peppers seeded, membranes removed and minced
- 1/2 cup chopped organic parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped organic cilantro
- Juice of an orange
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon authentic olive oil
- 1 teaspoon natural pure honey
- 1 dash cumin or more to taste
- kosher salt to own taste
- freshly ground pepper to own taste
Bring 1 and 3/4 cup of salted water to a boil with 1 cup of non-GMO black Jasmine rice, then turn heat to low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to stand for 5-7 minutes. Uncover, fluff with a fork.
Place Black Jasmine Rice in a large serving bowl, add organic diced tomatoes, diced organic red salad onion, kernels from 2 ears of organic non-GMO corn, minced jalapeño peppers, chopped organic parsley, and cilantro. Lightly toss together ingredients.
Juice of 1/2 of an orange, add to the salad.
Zest 2 limes, then juice limes, add to the salad.
Add 1 teaspoon of authentic olive oil and 1 teaspoon of natural pure honey to the salad.
Season with a dash of cumin, kosher salt, and freshly ground pepper to your own taste.
Lightly toss, then place in refrigerator to chill before serving – about 30 minutes.
Toss before serving.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2018-2013 unauthorized use and/or duplication of content/ material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with proper and specific direction to the original content.