Chicken and Berry Salad is such stunning and fabulous way of making the most of your leftover chicken combined with fresh juicy, succulent blackberries and strawberries and a fresh spring mix with a wonderful refreshing Blackberry Mint Balsamic Dressing to tie it all together.
Let’s face it, we love chicken because it fits in our budget these days more so than most of our other choices of meat from the market. Chicken can get awfully boring to eat all the time if you don’t have a plan for jazzing it up, let alone having it on day 2. I like to make the most of my leftovers every time, so that means when I make it there needs to be a plan B for the leftovers.
I decided on making a healthy, delicious, Chicken Salad using my leftover chicken breast meat from Roasted Mojito Chicken with juicy blackberries and succulent strawberries, as well as mixed greens for my Plan B. I also whipped up some of my favorite delicious homemade Blackberry Mint Balsamic Dressing to complete my salad.
Chicken and Berry Salad
- 4 cups of mixed baby greens, in bite-sized pcs
- 2 leftover chicken breasts, in bite-sized pcs.
- 1 cup of fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 cup of fresh blackberries
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes halved
- 1 recipe for Blackberry Mint Balsamic Dressing
- Rinse lettuce under running water, plucking off each outer leaf layer and gently rubbing them clean with their hands.In addition to cleaning lettuce, you may also want to consider adding a couple of tablespoons of salt to the water to help eliminate any possible bacteria that may be present.
- Tear lettuce leaves into bite-sized pieces and place in salad bowl.
- Cut up 2 leftover chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces, place in the salad bowl with lettuce.
- Add 1 cup of fresh sliced clean strawberries and 1 cup of clean blackberries to the salad bowl.
- Add 1 cup of halved grape tomatoes to the salad.
- Lightly toss salad careful not to break berries.
- May add optional ingredients if desired at this time to the salad.
- Drizzle desired amount of Blackberry Mint Balsamic Dressing to the salad just before serving.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.