Homemade Dill Pickle & Garlic Chip Dip is one of the quintessential snack recipes combining cream cheese, sour cream, dill pickles, spring onions, fresh minced garlic, fresh dill weed, a dash of Tabasco, and kosher salt, and freshly ground pepper. This awesome Dill Pickle lovers dip is perfect for old fashioned kettle chips or any chip you love to dip.
I can not stress how much I Iove this super easy Dill Pickle & Garlic Chip Dip. It has so many of my favorite flavors and ingredients. Being a dill pickle fan, garlic lover, dill weed grower and connoisseur, I am all over this delicious dip like white on rice.
I think we should eat what we enjoy, and enjoy what we eat in moderation of course. Normally, I like to watch my intake of snack foods, however on occasion, I let my hair down and have a cheat day when snacking. Today is one of my cheat days, and I am going to enjoy it with crispy kettle chips and the heavenly Dill Pickle & Garlic Chip Dip I have had chilling overnight in the refrigerator.
Now, if I were being a good girl today, I would have this delicious Dill Pickle & Garlic Chip Dip with veggies or baked crackers. Which is an another great option for the more health-conscious snacker? You can decide for yourself, of course, which you prefer.
Dill Pickle & Garlic Chip Dip
- 1 package cream cheese, 8 ounces
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 teaspoons of fresh dill weed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon of dill pickles juice
- a dash of Tabasco sauce
- a pinch of kosher, salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 of a cup diced dill pickles, drained
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Soften cream cheese by placing in a glass bowl on the counter, till room temperature.
- Once the cream cheese has softened, place in a food processor or blender. Add sour cream, minced garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon of dill pickle juice, a dash of Tabasco sauce, a pinch of kosher salt, and freshly ground pepper. Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Remove the mixture from a food processor or blender and place in a glass dish.
- Add diced dill pickles, and thinly sliced spring onions to a glass dish, stir to combine all ingredients.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight for maximum flavor.
- Store properly when not in use, may store for 5-7 days safely if refrigerated.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.