There’s always that one Potato Salad recipe you throw together and fall in love with; this Lemony Tarragon Fingerling Potato Salad is mine. It’s so simple to make and delicious; it’s almost ridiculous. The perfect Florida spring potato salad combines the simple ingredients of Fingerling potatoes, sliced red onions, fresh tarragon leaves, whole grain mustard, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
Living in sunny Florida, I have a jumpstart on the salads since our weather is like most Northern States’ summers. I can honestly say my central air conditioning has been running for almost a month. So, of course, I am rocking salads already. Who wouldn’t take advantage of this beautiful weather and enjoy their favorite salads?
Today, I happened to be harvesting some of my Mexican Tarragon and started craving potato salad, so I thought I bet tarragon would be so awesome combined with a lemony mayonnaise dressing. Best idea I ever had. It was the perfect flavor combination for my Fingerling Potato Salad today.
It seems you never know what recipe journey will begin with me in my herb garden and hungry. Below, you will find my herb garden craving of the day using simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions.
Lemony Tarragon Fingerling Potato Salad
- 2 pounds of Fingerling potatoes
- 1/4 of a cup thinly sliced red onions
- several fresh tarragon leaves and +extra for garnish
- 1/2 of a cup of Dukes mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of whole grain mustard
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- A pinch of sugar, optional
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Wash fingerling potatoes thoroughly. Do not peel.
- Cut fingerling potatoes in half, then cut in half again.
- Fill a large steamer into the water line, and bring to a boil. Place fingerling potatoes in the steamer basket and insert the steamer basket into the steamer. Steam until fork tender. About 10 minutes.
- Submerge steamed fingerling potatoes into an ice bath to stop the cooking process and bring the temperature of fingerling potatoes down.
- Drain fingerling potatoes and place in a large glass serving bowl. Add 1/4 cup of thinly sliced red onions and several fresh tarragon leaves to a glass bowl.
- In a smaller glass bowl, combine Duke’s Mayonnaise, whole grain mustard, lemon zest, juice of 1 lemon, a pinch of sugar, kosher salt, and freshly ground pepper to your taste.
- Add mayonnaise to the larger glass dish and toss to combine. Garnish with extra tarragon leaves.
- It may serve at room temperature or cold.