There’s always that one Potato Salad recipe you throw together and fall in love with, this Lemony Tarragon Fingerling Potato Salad, is mine. It’s so simple to make and delicious, it ‘s almost ridiculous. Combining the simple ingredients of Fingerling potatoes, sliced red onions, fresh tarragon leaves, whole grain mustard, lemon zest, and lemon juice for the perfect Florida spring potato salad.
Living in sunny Florida, I have a jumpstart on the salads since our weather is like most Northern States summers already. I can honestly say my central air conditioning, has already been running for almost over a month already. So, of course, I am rocking salads already, who wouldn’t take advantage of this beautiful weather and enjoy their favorite salads?
Today, I happened to be harvesting some of my Mexican Tarragon and started craving potato salad, so I thought I bet tarragon would be so awesome combined with a lemony mayonnaise dressing. Best idea I ever had, it was the perfect flavor combination for my Fingerling Potato Salad today.
You never know what recipe journey will begin with me in my herb garden and hungry it seems. Below, you will find my herb garden craving of the day with using simple ingredients and easy to follow instructions.
Lemony Tarragon Fingerling Potato Salad
- 2 pounds of Fingerling potatoes
- 1/4 of a cup thinly sliced red onions
- several fresh tarragon leaves +extra for garnish
- 1/2 of a cup Dukes mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of whole grain mustard
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- A pinch of sugar, optional
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Wash fingerling potatoes thoroughly, do not peel.
- Cut fingerling potatoes in half, then cut in half again.
- Fill a large steamer to the water line, bring to a boil. Place fingerling potatoes in the steamer basket and insert the steamer basket into the steamer. Steam until fork tender. about 10 minutes.
- Submerge steamed fingerling potatoes into an ice bath to stop cooking process and bring the temperature of fingerling potatoes down.
- Drain fingerling potatoes and place in a large glass serving bowl. Add 1/4 of a cup thinly sliced red onions, several fresh tarragon leaves, to a glass bowl.
- In a smaller glass bowl combine Dukes Mayonnaise, whole grain mustard, lemon zest, juice of 1 lemon, a pinch of sugar, kosher salt, and freshly ground pepper to your own taste.
- Add mayonnaise to the larger glass dish and toss to combine, garnish with extra tarragon leaves.
- May serve at room temperature or cold.