Lemony Italian Salad Dressing is an amazing flavorful lemony fresh tasting Italian Salad Dressing that has been passed down our family for years. It has such a wonderful fresh taste combining quality extra virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, Romano cheese, minced garlic, and an Italian herb blend.
Life is simply wonderful in the Florida Spring and Summer, the gardens are starting to roar and they are ripe for the plucking. It’s a bloggers dream state quite frankly, it’s also the perfect time to start concocting all the wonderful dressings that will be adding splendor to your lovely salads this season.
It’s a beautiful 85 degrees here in Sunny Haines City, Florida and I am pumped up to be able to show off a family favorite of ours to you all from the McCallum Household, it’s my Lemony Italian Salad Dressing. This fabulous dressing is one we have used on my side of the family for years.
I love the fact this dressing has what I call “Staying Power” and can be safely stored in your refrigerator for up to 14 days in a tightly sealed jar or container. Perfect for making larger batches if you eat a lot of salads in the spring.
Have you ever had bottled dressing over your fresh veggies? It may taste ok, but let’s be realistic, do we want “ok”, or do we want delicious? I want delicious not just ok. Don’t Y’all? This dressing promises just that for lemon lovers.
Ingredients needed to make Lemony Italian Dressing
- quality extra virgin olive oil
- fresh lemon juice
- zest of two fresh lemons
- grated Romano cheese
- dried Italian seasoning blend
- dried oregano
- garlic cloves, minced
- fine sugar, castor
- freshly ground pepper
- kosher salt
Lemony Italian Dressing
- 2/3 quality extra virgin olive oil
- zest of two fresh lemons
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar + more if desired
- kosher salt to own taste
- freshly ground pepper to own taste
- Combine quality extra virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice, zest of two fresh lemons, grated Romano cheese, dried Italian seasoning blend, dried oregano, minced garlic cloves, caster sugar, fresh ground pepper, salt in a blender. Blend 30 seconds.
- Place Lemony Italian Salad Dressing in a tight-fitting lidded jar or plastic container large enough to hold the dressing.
- Place in refrigerator and chill at least one hour- has a better flavor if chilled overnight. May be stored up to 14 days if kept refrigerated.
© Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material or photos without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. You may not copy and paste recipes to share on Social Platforms.